Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2003 STS. Windnoise a problem around general windshield area and around top(have sunroof too). WHen Heating/cooling system shutoff, whistle appears on right side near top of passenger door. Noise stops when Hvac turned back on. Quite everywhere but in general area of wind rushing by car near roofline. Any Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
When the HVAC system is off, air moving past the door creates a low pressure area, much like an airplane wing does. That low pressure area sucks the air out of the car if there is a bad seal (kind of like a vacuum leak), Just crack the window open at speed, light a cigarette and watch the smoke get sucked out.

Loosen the two srews on the striker plate at the door latch. Move it inboard 1/16" - 1/8". That will cause the door to be drawn in tighter and seal the door tighter. That should solve your problem if it is the door seal and not the sunroof.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
167 Posts
My 98 STS with factory moonroof has more wind noise than other modern cars I've had with sunroofs, a lot more than my previous Aurora. Mine is generally noisy and sometimes makes a slurping noise at highway speed, especially in cold weather in conjunction with rain or thawing ice. The noise is muffled by pulling the sunroof sunshade closed, so I'm pretty sure much of the noise is from the sun roof.

My sunroof is slightly below flush at the front edge. The seal seems to be fitted tight to the opening. Any way to adjust the height of the front edge of the glass panel to the roof opening?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts