Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done all the reading on this wind noise of the escalade that i can.

It seems that many of them are early build models.

Has anyone had any wind issues with later builds???

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
I have done all the reading on this wind noise of the escalade that i can.

It seems that many of them are early build models.

Has anyone had any wind issues with later builds???
Here's a link to a post on page 3,... from the second link from the top,.. in the wind noise Sticky post.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/98875-07-ext-wind-noise-3.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

The date is 04-02-07...
LLT is talking about a vehicle he bought that was built only a few weeks earlier, and it has wind noise.
He explains he went back to the dealer and tried out 6 other vehicles on the lot,...
they "all" had wind noise.

When I read that, I also went to my dealer and tried out an 07 on the lot built a month ealier ( March 07 ) and that one had more wind noise than mine.
Mine was built 08-16-06 .

Keep in mind this wind noise it more prominent/extreme in 07 EXT's ( and 07 Avalanches ) than in regular 07 Escalades or ESV's.
I've only seen a few posts on wind noise relating to the regular Escalade or ESV model and the posts, and again... just not as extreme wind noise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have driven my early build 04/07 lately and it's has slightly more wind noise than my later build 12/07, I am trading that one in for an 08', same colors so I will see if there is an difference. My early build has 17k miles and my late build has 3k miles. :)

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,741 Posts
Keep in mind this wind noise it more prominent/extreme in 07 EXT's ( and 07 Avalanches ) than in regular 07 Escalades or ESV's.
I've only seen a few posts on wind noise relating to the regular Escalade or ESV model and the posts, and again... just not as extreme wind noise.
Thank you for that clarification. I also have read the wind noise posts - and I don't notice any more noise than I would expect in my 07 regular Escalade. I was worried about it when I decided to go for the new vehicle. After I got it (last week), I thought maybe I was just lucky, or in the alternative, the meds to help my vehicle anal retentativeness have kicked in. In any event, no present wind noise problems with my early build regular Escalade (my vehicle hung around the lot longer than normal because it does not have NAV).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts