Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reviewed most of the 2007 Cadillac Escalade's wind noise treads and I am wondering:
What %/percentage of the 2007 Cadillac Escalade's have wind noise issues?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
177 Posts
My 07 has a slight problem on the passenger side, not worth a lot of trouble to get fixed. From the sound of it, it's impossible for a Caddy dealer to fix it right the first time. Can't be bothered. Three years and it's gone anyway. Otherwise I'm very happy with the car.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,354 Posts
Both on my 07's are pretty quite from wind noise compared to others I have heard, of course I have heard some that had no wind noise too. To really check wind noise you have to be on the same roads in the same conditions, we had a day last week where winds were over 40 mph and even my Benz had wind noise. As said above mine are not worth taking to try to fix, it may make the noise worse.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2007 SRX
53 Posts
I have a very late 07 and have no wind noise issues at all. Drove it to the East Coast for Christmas, 14 hours at 80-90 MPH in all sorts of wind conditions and just didn't have an issue. Seems to be luck of the draw on how well the doors are fitted.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
I'd like to see a poll for anyone who had the problem fixed!

I've only seen one post with someone saying the problem was made better and even at that.. it was not totally fixed.

I've posted this before and there is different degrees of the wind noise problem.
When there is what I know, and experienced, a real bad wind noise problem, it is not just outside wind against the vehicle.
Air is getting into the vehicle and a vehicle with the problem is unmistakeable! ... and usually has a lot of "whistling" noise.
If the vehicle has wind noise,.. it is regardless of how windy it is out.
It's one thing to hear the wind outside .. on a windy day,.. and another to hear it whistling into the vehicle.. with or without a windy day.
Also, it's not as bad in warm/hot weather and really bad in cold weather.
I've tried everything short of sealing the whole vehicle with silicone :annoyed: and nothing changes.
Since Winter started my wind noise is a Lot worse than it was in the Summer.
I now have a lot of whistling in the top of the door and roof area and it's louder when I open the Sunroof "shade" cover.
I recently taped up the Sunroof solid and nothing changed.. same whistling noise.
I've driven a few other vehciles off the dealer lot and they have the wind noise.. some worse, some not.
I don't think GM knows what or why the wind noise is there.
It's not in all the vehicles to be sure, but it's also totally random and in more vehicles than acceptable percentage wise.
I had access to an 08 for a whole week and it was totally quiet under all weather and driving conditions.
Go figure :helpless:

·
Registered
14 VSport Premium
49 Posts
I have 08 EXT and I thought it was very quiet. I went on a road trip and found out on the hiway it has a whistling noise and road noise on drivers side. It seems to me it is worst when it is a side wind and not a head wind. Around town going up to 60-65 it seems quiet... who knows. I am taking it in next week to let them look at it and replace trim around console that was falling off, not great initial quaility!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
177 Posts
Wind noise can be very hard to identify and locate when you can't get out of your seat to move around and investigate. As with other cabin noises, it can trick the ear. Also, it's usually intermittent and depends on which way the outside winds are blowing from one second to the next.

I have a strong suspicion that most, if not all, of the Escalade wind noises come from 2 possible sources: leaks in the side mirror mount, or leaks at the top of the door frame gasket.

For the mirror, you can easily pop off the triangular trim piece as shown in the first picture. If there's a chunk of foam in there, your noise is not likely coming from the mirror.

What little wind noise I get is because the rubber gasket at the top of the door frame is not tight up against the body. I can reproduce the problem any time on the freeway by pushing firmly outward at the top of the door frame just above the window, as in the 2nd photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
08' ESV
8 Posts
Traded my second 07 on 08' ESV 3 weeks ago. While my first 07' 'short' was poor build quaility and had a good amount of wind noise, 07' ESV I just traded was put together well and had less wind noise. Now here is something strange. I noticed today getting out of the new truck that half way up the window frame on the drivers door, 8 inches above the door handle, their is a dent in the frame. No piaint missing, obviously done before painting and it appears that this was done to bend the top half of the window frame slightly. Could this actually be one way they have tried to alleviate the wind noise? I haven't looked at the paasenger door to see if it is also bent but I have noticed that both front doors make a suction noise when opening, as if they have a silicone lube on the door gaskets.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
their is a dent in the frame. No piaint missing, obviously done before painting and it appears that this was done to bend the top half of the window frame slightly. Could this actually be one way they have tried to alleviate the wind noise?
Now that you mention it, I can't find that particluar post but now I remember someone posting they bent the top part of the door themself on their Escalade and it helped the wind noise a little.
I thought of trying that myself but was very hesitent to actually do it.
It's possible they're doing it at the Factory now,.. who knows. :suspense:

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
488 Posts
I have an 07 ESV ealry build. Had some wind noise on the drivers side. Two weeks ago we brought the truck in and got it back. They did some of the TSB's that are out there and its a bit quieter. Still love the truck so all in all I was happy with what they did....Aint perfect but its better....Just crank the sound system up and ya cant here the wind!!!!

·
Registered
2007 esv
160 Posts
my truck in shop for over a week. had a sit down with service manager to discuss my perceptions, hope they are able to resolve concerns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.