Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Deville
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I was at work today when I saw something I hope you never see happen to your Cadillac. This WALMART shopping cart comes out of its cart holder and starts rolling, not a big deal right- WRONG I now figure well I will go out and stop the cart before it gets close. Well the cart traveled about 300 foot since I thought “could that hit my car?-no It wouldn’t”- Yeah it did we had 50MPH wind gusts today here in Wisconsin and sure enough my car got punished. I got some pictures I would like to share with you that I took today after it happened. My main reason for posting is because I have liability only not full coverage insurance on my caddy, and a “not responsible for accidents wal mart parking lot”. I need a new fender as you can see in the lower section of my picture the fender CRACKED in about 2 inches- the chrome strip+ lower body plastic panel BROKE. + When I opened my passenger side door, I heard a loud plastic breaking sound, my chrome strip that runs above the body panels BROKE OFF about 2 inches from the fender-due to the fender pushed into the door! I think this could be BIG BUCKS that I simply can’t afford. I hope someone can help me get it fixed- I did call the local police and they did file a “report”. I love my car!!! I don’t want her hurting!! Help!!

Thanks for your time, and hope this never happens to you!!

Donnie Race

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear that. We had some strong winds in the TwinCities as well. I would try a couple of junk yards and a local body shop for painting.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,177 Posts
Someone on caddyinfo just had the same problem. He went to the store manager and they are going to pay for it. I would not volunteer that the cart was in the cart holder nor would I go in looking for blood but with hat in hand and ask if there is anything they can do. You might be surprised and have nothing to loose. After all, they have insurance too. Good luck.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ouch dude that sucks! I'm always worried about those plastic fenders on my car giving in to something like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts