Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Willy wonka is being remade by tim burton. Johnny Depp is supposed to play the new willy wonka, but Marilyn Manson also wants to play the character of willy wonka. In a recent interview, Johnny Depp said that he's gladly step aside and let Manson take the roll. I think if Manson plays Wonka, It'll be an awesome movie. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Depp is an accomplished actor with performances like in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Manson is... Manson.

Honestly, I'd rather see Benicio Del Toro do it. ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
A friend of mine once pointed out that Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is the children's version of Se7en. I thought that was funny.

For anyone who's heard Marilyn's "Portrait of an American Family" album, MM would make perfect sense as Willy Wonka. As a weird side note, MM (Marilyn Manson) turned upside down is WW (Willy Wonka).

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Manson is.... I'm not going to even get started on him... Lemme just say it's bad enough that people think he puts out good music - a movie? Jeez.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shaggygrosser said:
For anyone who's heard Marilyn's "Portrait of an American Family" album, MM would make perfect sense as Willy Wonka.
That's exactly what i was thinking about his newly acting carrer. First real album was willy wonka based, first real movie willy wonka, makes perfect sence to me. Besides, Tim Burton is going to be remaking it so it's going to be gnarly. Manson would be absolutly perfect.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davesdeville said:
Manson is.... I'm not going to even get started on him... Lemme just say it's bad enough that people think he puts out good music - a movie? Jeez.
Actually, he puts out great music. At least he did a good job at what he wants people to think... that is he doesn't want everyone to love him. He once said "It's better to be hated by everyone, than only be loved by a few." Just because you saw the video for "The Dope Show" and got scared and your mommy told you he was bad doesn't mean his music is bad or anything like that, you were just told to hate him. Let me ask you, what kind of music do you listen to?

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
He's all about the image. Just seems kinda phony to me.

My music is southern rap, which started real, although some of it's turning into commercialized crap.

We all are entitled to our own opinions about everything, music is no exception.

Oh and don't hate on me just cause I don't share your opinion of Manson. I didn't see the dope show video.. although I did see and didn't care for m obscene (or something).

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
At least he did a good job at what he wants people to think... that is he doesn't want everyone to love him.

He does an "ok" job of it. I think Slipknot does a better job of it.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
93_60Special said:
I don't know, it's hard to replace Gene Wilder.

Jim Carey would be perfect for this role.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
i think wonka should eb replaced by richard simmons , wonka was quite fruity in that role so the need someone equally fruity for this one

i would also like to see wonka dressed up as a cathlic preist

so there we have it , willy wonka will be richard simmons dressed up as a catholic preist , chris rock will play the role of the poor kid that wins and takes his grandfather to the factory , played by bob barker , mcully culkin shall play the spoiled tv watchin cowboy kid ,brittney spears and christina agulera should play the 2 girls on the film

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
i think wonka should eb replaced by richard simmons , wonka was quite fruity in that role so the need someone equally fruity for this one

Christopher Walken should be Wonka, Sean connery should be charlies grandfather and that stupid kid from Malcolm in the middle should be charlie. That would be a good movie.

·
Registered
329 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
Stoneage_Caddy said:

Christopher Walken should be Wonka, Sean connery should be charlies grandfather and that stupid kid from Malcolm in the middle should be charlie. That would be a good movie.
I can't stand that Malcolm in the Middle turd.... I'd rather see the Man Show boy as Charlie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts