Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 deville i just got . i want to put a changer in the trunk , the wire is there , and i found one on ebay for the right price , what i need to know is will a changer with a different # work as long as the plug is the same ?

the # on the one i'm getting is 25708970 anyone know if it will work in a 97 deville ?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
i have a 97 deville i just got . i want to put a changer in the trunk , the wire is there , and i found one on ebay for the right price , what i need to know is will a changer with a different # work as long as the plug is the same ?

the # on the one i'm getting is 25708970 anyone know if it will work in a 97 deville ?

thanks for any help
Is it a 12 disc? Is is a Delco? Does it have a magazine that removes by sliding the door of the changer from the left end toward the right? Sorry for all of the questions, but can you post a pic of the unit or even a link to a pic of the unit? There is a mounting bracket that fastens directly to the trunk floor after making a couple of minor slits in the carpet. Then the 12 disc changer fastens right to the bracket and it is plug and play. I think that the bracket PN is 3545633 and can be obtained from any dealer or at GMPartsdirect.com

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a delco , it is a 12 disk , what i was asking is will a 2000 fit in a 1997 , or is it to new ?

thanks for your reply

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mine was a multi-year unit as well as multi-GM auto application unit. I believe that it will. My 98 trunk plug had an existing jumper that had to be removed before insertion in the changer....then it is merely plug and play.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well got my changer today , but when i plug it in there is a wire off the plug can anyone tell me where the orange wire needs to go

·
Registered
453 Posts
LtoR: small plug 1st- brn w/ wht stripe, grn w/wht stripe, blk w/wht strip, vacant
LtoR: large plug 1st- orange, vacant, blk, vacant, vacant, grn

There are four contacts in the small plug and six in the large plug, and the leads are small in the small plug and large in the large plug. Mine also had a male jumper (in the large plug) existing in the trunk pigtail that had to be removed, before plug and play in the 12 disc unit. Good luck!

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you , i'll try to wire it this week end ,

mine did not have any jumpers could that be why the org. wire broke off , it seams to be the hot wirehttp://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bows.gif
:bows:

·
Registered
453 Posts
thank you , i'll try to wire it this week end ,

mine did not have any jumpers could that be why the org. wire broke off , it seams to be the hot wirehttp://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bows.gif
:bows:
Not certain, but the jumper wire appears to connect orange and green with a fuse or resistor in line in the jumper wire. Its "plug and play" after you reconnect. A CD logo appears on your green dash display and after insertion of the loaded magazine, the unit will go through the cd's and it is ready for play. Two wrinkles: CD' are loaded label down or you get an ERR message on the track and to get to track #'s 7-12 merely hold down the desired button longer until a beep is heard- ie hold down #1 longer to play track #7.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts