Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRYING TO FIND A CHEAP OPTION FOR SOME WINTER TIRES ON MY 2013 CTS PERFORMANCE AWD SEDAN... CAN I DROP DOWN TO 18'S WITHOUT SCRAPING ANYTHING? SHOULD THESE FIT?

I TRIED TO INVESTIGATE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE OFFSET WOULD BE 5MM DIFFERENT AND THE OVERALL DIAMETER WOULD GO UP A CM... THAT SHOULD STILL WORK RIGHT?

I'M PROBABLY OVER THINKING IT, BUT HAVE ALWAYS SWITCHED TIRES BACK AND FORTH ON THE SAME RIMS PREVIOUSLY.

·
Registered
2005 CTS base; 2011 CTS4 Performance Coupe
26 Posts
I do know without looking at them that the center bore size is different. I think you'd need some sort of hub centric adapter (I think?) to make them fit. Someone who knows more will probably correct me, but I don't belive you can just slap them on.

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
686 Posts
That +5 ET will shift the wheel inwards 5 mm so try to get a look in the inside to verify there’s space. Good chance it would fit worse comes to worse you have a hard time if you need snow chains. Hubcentric rings are very cheap on eBay, they do pose a challenge if they get stuck and you need to use your spare.

Be aware that with the larger tires your spare might not work with the AWD. Might want to investigate a larger spare to match, but see if that would fit the space in the trunk. I went up one size tire with aftermarket wheels in a Prius, then due to concern about the rings sticking I had a machine shop enlarge the center bore of the spare and bought an appropriately sized spare tire. I removed a styrofoam cushion to make it fit the spare wheel well.

·
Registered
08 CTS L76/MYC conversion
506 Posts
Funny, I own a BMW F25 and tried my 18” X3M wheels on my CTS and they Wouldn’t fit, although mostly due to the Brembo brake conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts