Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
17 Posts
With Door handles, I have had success using Amazon.com, brand name Dorman. You have to be careful
to ensure that you get the correct one, ie driver side front, passenger side rear, etc. what I have done in the past, is order the handle and have it sent to the house. I the take the truck to a auto body repair shop to install. All in all, you save about 90-100 dollars over using the dealership.

·
Registered
2009 ESV
7 Posts
Get oem! I replaced my passenger door with one from ebay. Quality was ok but it was missing the black plastic insert inside the handle, so it felt cheap and rattled. Wife hated it! Promptly picked up oem handle for twice the cost. Happy wife, happy life!

·
Registered
07 Escalade
9 Posts
I have the same problem, I need to replace my drivers side rear door handle since it broke. I bought one from partsgeek.com and it doesn't match the original door handles...like snkbitn1 said, the handle I bought doesn't have the black plastic insert inside the handle so I'm going to return it. Where can I get an oem one cheaper besides the dealer? I'm thinking gmpartsdirect.com will have it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts