Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
none
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new horsepower rating upgrade and the video of the ATS-V going from 0-138-0...it appears to be very fast.

Does anyone predict it will run in the 11's in the quarter?

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
No way. Not until you void the warranty by modifying it. The hp to weight ratio is not there. A 12 to 13 second (4 door) luxury car is certainly no slouch though! I'm sure ATS-V owners will be very happy.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I'm not sure it won't be. "IF" the gearing is just right, and "IF" the weight is low enough, and traction is good, it will be. Remember, "Time is traction, speed is horsepower".

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
At 18 lb. boost peak, how much more HP is there to be had with a tune only?

Has anyone achieved the claimed 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
It's still a Cadillac and needs to perform like a luxury car, so I can't imagine all the sound deading and such that's fitted in the car that's creating all the extra weight.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
I'm 2 miles from Royal Purple Raceway (formerly Houston Raceway Park). When I take delivery later in the year I'll be sure to put it through it's paces in the fall.
Fantastic track with plenty of track rentals through the year with groups of friends. With enough seat time I should be able to squeeze everything it has to give.
Would love to see 11's but with the weight/hp and stock tires...not so sure.

·
Registered
776 Posts
This thing is going to be insane after it gets some aftermarket tunes.
As these ATS-V's get delivered, and people want to go to aftermarket "tunes", please educate yourself on your tuner, as well as GM's stance on powertrain warranties:

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=4248

I do modify my cars, but I understand that I am responsible for any failures.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Oh yeah. It will be up to the brave ones that push it, and find the breaking point/wheel HP, that things WILL start to fail. They probably have a safety factor anyway, which I don't want to find.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I never saw the time slip, but I believe it. Some other folks (at the same tuner) have had poor results from tuning the LF3. I guess it is still a work in progress?

Most interesting is that the 11.9 tuner also claims their "tunes" cannot be seen by GM. I've always wondered if that part could be true?

·
Registered
none
397 Posts
Yea. The trifecta tune is about the only one out there, and the torque curve is hideous. Nonetheless, there is a fella on this board that claims the 11.9.

It'll be interesting if the lf4 gains any traction with aftermarket tuners beyond which the vsport did. I fear not, given that the ats v is even more expensive and likely fewer produced. No demand/no supply, and all that.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Yea. The trifecta tune is about the only one out there, and the torque curve is hideous. Nonetheless, there is a fella on this board that claims the 11.9.

It'll be interesting if the lf4 gains any traction with aftermarket tuners beyond which the vsport did. I fear not, given that the ats v is even more expensive and likely fewer produced. No demand/no supply, and all that.
So HPTuners is not available for providing a custom tune?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts