Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. If everything works out right I will be picking up my V2 tomorrow and would like to pull my CAGS eliminator from my V1 on the V2 if it will work.

Mark

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
I haven't noticed the Cags stepping in on my '09 at all. I have tried to get the Cags to engage, and it never has, I don't think you will need a Cags Eliminator on this new transmission.

·
Registered
CTS-V
37 Posts
I have also tried repeatedly to get the skip-shift to engage and I can't. But, we had another fellow get roughed up pretty bad when he complained about skip-shift. He was accused of driving without enough enthusiasm.

But, try as I might, I can't get the thing to cause a skip-shift, so I just don't worry about it. Maybe it's just broken on my car?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I know that it does not engage too often in the 09 but if it does it will piss me off and if I already have the hardware to correct it then I want to use it. So, will the CAGS eliminator from my V1 work or won't it? If it will not work then I might as well leave it on my old car. If it will work then I will remove it and keep it for my V2. Simple. Does it work on the V2?

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Off topic. I did all my flight training up in Waterford back in the 80s....at Tradewinds. are they still in business up there?
Sorry for the TJ

F

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off topic. I did all my flight training up in Waterford back in the 80s....at Tradewinds. are they still in business up there?
Sorry for the TJ

F
Yes they are there still. I trained on the other side of the field though.

Mark

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
297 Posts
I got CAGS to come on once on purpose when I was testing to see if it was working. If you accelerate VERY slowly w/the engine warmed up it will come on, but you have to be going so slow you'd get passed by an overloaded dump truck missing on two cylinders and with the parking brake stuck on.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Mark How do you like your new V? Thanks again for the business.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great ride. Thanks for the help Scott. Cannot wait for break-in to be over. I planned on making a more appropriate post to thank you and show off this beautiful car. Look out for business from my friends in the near future.

Mark

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Let me know if your other friend wants a v.. I have 2 sticks left now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts