Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice when going from reverse to drive, it is taking lomger and longer for drive to engage.

The colder the tranny the worse its is - when warmer its better.

Also, a couple of times I noticed when taking off normally (with the car fully warmed up) it seems to very briefly - almost unnoticably - seem to slip then grab normally.

Going along, normal upshifts take place at normal and full throttle.

Has anyone experienced this? I had my fluid and filter changed at 56k miles and I have 61k now.

Am I in trouble?

Thanks

·
Registered
03' CTS | Modded Air Box | TB coolant bypass mod |
23 Posts
mine does that too.. whenever I shift to drive from neutral,park or reverse. The car did it when I bought it with 163,000kms on it. I changed the filter and fluid. It now had 196,000 on it and it acts the exact same way,no change. We just give it a couple seconds till it engages then were off. It dosent slip at any other time so we dont fret over it.

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Craig and Barron.

Ya, after I posted I did a search on "delay" and found MANY others with the same (non) issue. Sorry moderator, I should have searched before posting.

This morning I did something a little different. I put it in drive while it was barely moving backwards, (on it last 1/4 rotation of the tire) and it seemed to have engaged a bit quicker.

I love this car, but its quirks have me a bit nervous (loud diff that is fine, slow engaging tranny that is fine, using a quart of oil in 1200 miles but it runs fine) WEIRD !

Thanks

·
Registered
NONE
116 Posts
i had a 2000 Chrysler concorde beater with 170k miles that had the same problem when taking off (slipping) and when engageing from park or reverse. it was low on transmission fluid. I filled it up with trans fluid and the problem went away instantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.