Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
none now, but will look at CT5. 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T. Former 14 ATS 3.6
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The lease on my ATS is up in about a year and a half. I would be all over a CTS if they would offer the V-Sport with AWD. I live in NE Ohio and AWD is desirable in my area. It would also be nice to at least be able to get the 8-speed tranny with AWD.

Most of the 400+ HP competitors (550, E550, S6, Q70 5.6, etc) all offer AWD and at least 7-speed transmissions.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,107 Posts
I threw a nice set of performance winter tires on my Vsport and had no trouble whatsoever this winter in North Jersey. I wouldn't get hung up on AWD being a necessity.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
The XTS V-Sport version had AWD. I don't see why not. I would definitely buy it.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,107 Posts
kgall005 said:
Virginia weather certainly not as bad as Jersey, but I also have a rwd with 19's and I drove all winter also.. I love my rwd, if I were to buy a CT6 at some point i may go awd with it since its not really performance oriented.
Are your tires all seasons or summer? Mine are summer so winter tires were a necessity as it's our daily driver.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,494 Posts
I think Cadillac wants to limit the number of parts, if they think
something like AWD isn't very popular on a V or V-Sport.
Then they don't have to develop a heavy duty AWD system for a
limited number of sales. Same reason they don't offer high perf
all season tires on the the models that come with summer tires.

The new 8 speed auto trans is coming out for 2016.

I agree that it would be nice to have the daily driver stuff with
the power of V or Vsport, even if it didn't have max cornering, but
then they might want to protect us from evil if the resulting car
can't handle the power.

·
Registered
Black 2014 Vsport Premium
213 Posts
You can buy a set of winter tires and rims for the same cost as what the AWD charge would be, then you would have a car just as capable in the snow (and would stop shorter) and weighs 150lb. less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts