Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E&G classics grille but I don't like the looks of the plate they give you for mounting the emblem. Does anyone know if the V model emblem will fit? Is it the same size as the standard XLR grille emblem?. I'm guessing that the wreath part of the V emblem has studs on the back for mounting instead of tape.

·
Registered
Cadillac
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I found that the answer is yes....with some modifying. The V emblem uses a flat mounting area while the standard emblem uses has an angled mount. It's necessary to flatten out the mounting area of the grille. This was actually fairly easy to do. I didn't like the looks of the black mounting plate provided with the E&G grille so I made my own. This actually took several hours. I used a piece of 3/32 steel and cut it out in the outline of the 2 emblem pieces making it slightly smaller so it didn't show. I then painted it, fitted it to the grille and drilled the mounting holes. I tapped theholes and put screws in from the back side using silcone around the screws to keep it secure. The screws were too long and needed to be chopped off flush on the mounting side. once this all was done I had a perfect mount for the emblem to stick right onto. I don't know why E&G grilles don't come with this type of mounting already since I have seen this done on other mesh grilles as shown in this image

Here is how the E&G grille looks with the bracket I made, It would have been much easier if E&G would have just used this type of mount

1 - 2 of 2 Posts