Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am looking to upgrade my cassette player, right now it's OEM, and I was wanting to keep OEM, but I may not.

Questions:

Will any double din radio fit?

Will the OEM radios from newer models fit?

I am not interested in the adapter for a single din/cubby tray. Thanks everyone.

Phil

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
PhilBooe said:
Hey, I am looking to upgrade my cassette player, right now it's OEM, and I was wanting to keep OEM, but I may not.

Questions:

Will any double din radio fit?

Will the OEM radios from newer models fit?

I am not interested in the adapter for a single din/cubby tray. Thanks everyone.

Phil
To answer your question, yes. All Cadillac radios are double din dimension from 1992 up. Will aftermarket look factory? Probably not.

Although OEM radios are very much the same size over the years, most manufacturers change the pin-outs from time to time, so crossing from one year to the next is a gamble if you are not sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think what I am looking at might look pretty factory, I HATE aftermarket stuff usually, I like to keep things factory, but what I am looking at is VERY factory looking (no goofy blue knobs or anything).

exhibit A:

Phil

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
PhilBooe said:
I think what I am looking at might look pretty factory, I HATE aftermarket stuff usually, I like to keep things factory, but what I am looking at is VERY factory looking (no goofy blue knobs or anything).

exhibit A:

Phil

Take note....I wrote...."probably not"
I agree, that does look very similar to the OEM navigation unit.

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
That's a HANDSOME looking unit, but I couldn't find it on their website. Would you mind supplying a model number?

Regards,
Warren

P.S. If you DO install something like that, please post a photo! :yup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a catch, I believe it's only offered in Japan. In fact althought it has FM/AM radio, the FM isn't even the full US FM range. But, I'm not exactly looking at it for that. I believe that the DVD unit is an add-on and is not in the base unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts