Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only reason I ask is because I'm selling my camaro and it has HID's in the low beams (9006 bulb) I currently have 9005's in the fog housing of the V and I'd love to save some money and just shove the old HID's in there.... I know 9005/9006 are similiar, but has anyone tried it? or should I just get under there and try and shove it in there myself?

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
In all honesty and not trying to be a smarta$$. Why would they make a different part # if they were the same..?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
24 Posts
I believe the base is the same, but you will need to modify the plugs. There is a little "tab" of sorts that prevents the 9006 harness from being used on A 9005 bulb. (or vise versa) Just use a pair of nippers to take down this obstruction in the plug, and they should work fine.

Ian

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all honesty and not trying to be a smarta$$. Why would they make a different part # if they were the same..?
ones more wattage...and even though the socket may be different sometimes it's such a minuscule difference it'll still work. like fitting 9005 bulbs into the 9145 sockets on our fogs.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Hey Nikon, did the 9006's fit in the fogs??? The bright folks I picked my HID fog kit from sent me the 9006 bulbs instead of the 9005's that I ordered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts