Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4
14,008 Posts
5 x 120 is fine, but what is the offset? That is the key. Go on the GenIII forum and find out if they match.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,936 Posts
you have to find the wheel offset to make sure it is the same for the wheels you want and the wheels you are replacing...if you were referencing Jon's answer, he is telling you those wheels are from a V-Sport and not a V in case you didn't know since mentioning V in your original post...good luck.

I found some 19 inch wheels and tires for a nice price as new from an CT6 that would be the right bolt pattern and the right width for my CTS but I have been unable to find the offset for sure and some of what I was able to find seemed to indicate the offset would be different for the two wheels...I passed on buying (I also believe the TPMS from the 2017 CT6 would not work with my 2014 Sport Wagon)

Bill

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Is the offset cast into the wheel on the backside? Did you look?

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Newbie questions…what is the difference between V and V-sport? Also, if the tire will fit, why does offset matter?
A quick Google of "wheel offset" should help you out. It will explain a lot. Have you ever seen a truck, for example, with wheels and tires that stick way outside of the bodywork? That is because of the wrong offset. If they had the proper offset then the wheel could still be larger than stock but would fit inside the bodywork. (Disregard the thought that perhaps Bubba thinks that looks great on his Mudder.)

Are you familiar with the "S-Line" on Audi or the "M-Line" series on BMW? Those are sporty looks on a regular car. V-Sport is similar, but that difference is also enhanced by a twin turbo engine that hauls butt where the German marques are for looks only. The V-Sport is not to be confused with the Balls and All approach of the CTS-V. The V is in a league of its own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys but i believe the offset is less than my oem wheels atm my wheels offset is 48mm and the new ones are 46mm as well as the size differences the new v sprt wheels are 18x9.5 while my stock wheels are 18x8.5 does anyone have any more advice?

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Try them on in person to see how they work out. After that it's your karma.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we are meeting on the 30th and then im going to try them on at his house to see if they fit correctly or good enough

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,313 Posts
Might want to take some pictures showing how your current wheels tuck under the fender with the stock wheels, then compare that to the 3rd gen wheels.
Then post here (if you buy or not) to show others considering the same swap. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,936 Posts
thanks for this thread as I learned about offset which is something I hadn't considered...in checking on the two sets of wheels I was looking at (19" CT6/XTS/CTS 3rd gen versus wheels for my 2nd gen CTS) the OE's were a 48mm offset while the newer ones were 33mm offset...using the calculators found on the errornet for wheels I learned that these wheels would not have worked for me...

I hope some of this information proves useful for the OP'er too...

Bill

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,253 Posts
Thanks for the help guys but i believe the offset is less than my oem wheels atm my wheels offset is 48mm and the new ones are 46mm as well as the size differences the new v sprt wheels are 18x9.5 while my stock wheels are 18x8.5 does anyone have any more advice?
2mm offset difference by itself is negligible and 46 would be fine. the extra inch of width might push them outside of the wheel well though. There was another recent thread and someone had 35mm offset with 8.5 and they were about as flush with the side of the car as you get before popping out. the stock wheels are 48mm so you have about 12mm to work with. 2mm + 1/2 in is almost 15mm. Not sure if you had a chance to test fit them, but I think these will stick out about 2-3mm.

Are you familiar with the "S-Line" on Audi or the "M-Line" series on BMW? Those are sporty looks on a regular car. V-Sport is similar, but that difference is also enhanced by a twin turbo engine that hauls butt where the German marques are for looks only.
Not really the same. V-sport is a trim level of the CTS whereas "S-Line" and "M-sport" are optional packages that can be added to any trim level. If you're comparing the CTS to the A6 and the 5 Series, then V-sport is equivalent to the more powerful S6 (450hp turbo V8) and the 550 (456hp twinturbo V8) trims.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance
187 Posts
Easiest way to check is go to 1010tires.com, search for your car and search for the 2016 CTS-V and see if the wheels returned by the search are the same. I did a quick check and they don't have the same offset.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts