Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
FS: HP Tuners Std - $400 Shipped
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything wider possible too? To me, nothing makes a car look faster than wide tires. Also, I'm scared to rash up the lips.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Check out the thread "new wheels inside" by Timmy C by using the search. It'll answer all your questions about wheel and tire fitment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
id be surprised if you can fit an 11.5 on the rear. i think 11 is the widest ppl have been able to go.
The wheels apparently came off a STS-V.

Check out the thread "new wheels inside" by Timmy C by using the search. It'll answer all your questions about wheel and tire fitment.
TimmyC's got 10.5" rears, so it'd have a harder time running 305s. That tire size calculator is pretty amazing though. I just need to get to measuring the first.

·
Registered
STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
680 Posts
The wheels apparently came off a STS-V.

TimmyC's got 10.5" rears, so it'd have a harder time running 305s. That tire size calculator is pretty amazing though. I just need to get to measuring the first.
I thought Timmy is running 305's

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
Yup, he most definitely is. Sorry had to re read it. Here's hoping the 11.5s fit
I don't see how they possibly could. My 10.5s are extremely close to the chassis on the inside and the tires are flush with the wheel wells.

Post up pics if you buy them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see how they possibly could. My 10.5s are extremely close to the chassis on the inside and the tires are flush with the wheel wells.

Post up pics if you buy them.
Absolutely. Im fairly confident they were on the car, but we'll see. The wheels have a lot of curb rash, so they went on something. Worse case, I buy two new fronts and use the 10.5s for the back.

I'm willing to bet I'm going to need that stretched tire look to clear the fenders. Fortunately they're already rolled.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Stretched tires are for Asian teenagers.

How do you not know what these wheels were on? It's starting to sound like they were on an srx.

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
Yea 10.5 in the fronts that's never going to fit. I hope there super cheep to get.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stretched tires are for Asian teenagers.

How do you not know what these wheels were on? It's starting to sound like they were on an srx.
No, I'm not intending to stretch the tires. I'm assuming I'll have fender clearance issues, that's all.

They came off a STSV. A fella bought it from a widow and the wheels came with it.

Actually, just now thinking about it, they might not be 11.5/10.5s. The fella probably included the lip into the measurement. I'll ask if they are stamped anywhere on there.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Whew, that looks terrible.

I bet they are 9"/10.5" What brand are they?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, he measured it including the outer lip, so the wheels are likely 9.5"/11".

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
How do you even stretch tires? They do look pretty bad. Is it just a tire inflated on a wider rim?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you even stretch tires? They do look pretty bad. Is it just a tire inflated on a wider rim?
As far as I know, yes. Just get a tire that's a few sizes smaller than the recommended size for the rim. I believe it was originally intended to fit wider wheels than the fender can handle, by having the sidewall at an angle to conform with the fender. Allows for a lower ride height too.

I don't understand why anyone would want to do it though. Sure, the look is "unique" for lack of better words, but the whole point of lowered cars and wider wheels is for performance gains. Plus, you've got no protection to your wheel lips.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That's a cool wheel design. My Forgelines are 9/10.5 so I bet yours will be too. They should fit perfect. 275/35 and 305/35 or 275/30 and 305/30. I'm going to try the 30 series for my next set of tires. I have the 35s now but I don't like how tall the rears are.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a cool wheel design. My Forgelines are 9/10.5 so I bet yours will be too. They should fit perfect. 275/35 and 305/35 or 275/30 and 305/30. I'm going to try the 30 series for my next set of tires. I have the 35s now but I don't like how tall the rears are.
Thanks, I'm excited to put them on soonish. They came in and I got to measure them. You're exactly right, 9"/10.5". Do you recall what offsets you are running?

I'm looking into having Forgeline re-lip them, or if it's just possible to buff out the damage. Thanks for the tire size info. Was going to have to measure and use http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ . I generally like the taller sidewalls, but since they're 20s, I'm hesitant. Do neither sizes bother the TCS?

Pics in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I don't know the offsets, but I measured the backspacing and put it in a thread here.

Both tire combos I gave you will work correctly with the TCS. I'm using the 35 series with no issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts