Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 dts and i want to 22's on it. but i always here you can if you have the stock suspension how will i be able to tell if i have the stock suspension, and if i do can i just buy regular shock and struts. i just want to know how much modifaction i have to do to get the wheels to fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can bolt 22's on there with no prob. I have a friend with 22's on his. He has very small tires on them though. Thats the part i dont like. Not sure what size tires but i can find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its 255/30/22 but my thing is the struts in the front the metal where the spring sits in is about 4" inches away from my stock wheel and tires i figure if i put 22's the tire will rub. could you ask your friend what kind of wheels he have and what changes did he have to do to get them on.

·
Registered
196 Posts
u can fit 22s as long as it has a 35 or less series tire, which they only make a 30 series so its either a 35 or 30, and if you get 22s that r wider than 8.5" than you will need to take a grinder to the bottom of the strut cup or else you will rub like crazy, just minor fabbing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts