Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I've been reading this site for some time and have just ordered a 2006 3.6L 6Spd. with the 18" Performance Pkg. My question is this: does anyone know if 17" rims will fit over the larger 325mm brake rotors on the Perf. Pkg? I want to put together a snow tire and rim set (Canadian Winters you know) and would like to be ready for when I take delivery after Xmas. By the way, thanks for all the great threads - made me confidant in my decision to join this owners club!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd inquire about that to tirerack.com They would probably know. When I bought my C320 with the huge brakes that come in the Sport Package, I was 1 second away from buying a set of 16's for winter rims off ebay. The seller swore they'd fit, I emailed tirerack, they said 'no way!'. Saved me from a stupid buy!

How about those canadian winters!!! I'm still drivin my CTS on ZR rated 20's and we've had 6" of snow...(caught me off guard). The car is surprisingly good with all the stability and traction, I had no problem getting to work on monday, while SUV's and trucks were sliding into the ditch!!!

Congrats on your buy!

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
DrFlag, I'm gonna stab in the dark, and guess you've got an '06? This question is to anyone I guess, are the brakes on the new '06 sport the same os the '05? I guess, better put, are the brakes on the 17' sport package the same as the 18'?

Dr.Flag, i'm pretty sure my brakes are 325mm, so if thats correct, yes 17's will fit.

I keep forgetting this. WELCOME !

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
325mm is 12.8", which is almost an inch larger than the regular CTS brakes. Cadillacs web site says that the sport brakes are only available with the 18" wheels, which could lead one to believe that they might not fit. But then again, the V has 14" front disks and 14.4" rear disks, that fit an 18" wheel.

You're talking about putting disks that are 0.9" larger than the brakes that are on a stock CTS with 16" wheels. I'd say they'll likely fit with 17's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I thought of another comparison to make and that is the SRX which comes with 320mm rotors and 17" wheels so I am feeling pretty confident that I'll be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts