Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All:

~ Anyone know if the '05 Rear wheel drive 17" STS wheels will fit PROPERLY on a '95 Front wheel drive SLS? Does anyone know the offset on both these wheels? It looks like the bolt pattern is the same I'm not sure of the offset!? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Skullman {:{}

D

·
0 Posts
I had '06 17" STS wheels on my '98 Deville. They were staggered and polished. Absolutely no issues with the fitment. Perfect fit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Destroyer: Thanks for the reply! That's good to hear. We've been looking at a set of take offs with tires and think they would look good on the SLS. Do you have any photo's of your rig with the STS wheels you could share? What do you mean by 'Staggered'?

I had '06 17" STS wheels on my '98 Deville. They were staggered and polished. Absolutely no issues with the fitment. Perfect fit.:thumbsup:

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Destroyer: Thanks for the reply! That's good to hear. We've been looking at a set of take offs with tires and think they would look good on the SLS. Do you have any photo's of your rig with the STS wheels you could share? What do you mean by 'Staggered'?

Staggered means that the rear wheels/tires were larger than the fronts. I believe the tire sizes on the STS wheels were 235/50/17's front and 255/45/17's rear. That was stock and mine were new car take-offs. Even though my '98 was FWD, the staggered setup looked good. Here's a pic of me ex '98 (its gone now). Like I said, there were no fitment "issues", they bolted right up, never scrubbed and even looked factory IMO. If I was ever drunk enough to buy a Northstar Cadillac again, these are the wheels I'd put on it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Destroyer for the info and Photos! Your Rig looks great with the wheels! We purchased the wheels and tires and will post pics after install. These are staggered as yours were. I'm going to swap out the Gold Package to Silver/Chrome and going to keep my eye out for an STS Burgundy Grille
to throw people off!? This is a sweet 'Old Lady Ride' with No problems in it's history and No problems now. My Brother is thinkin we should have the windows tinted. I agree.

Staggered means that the rear wheels/tires were larger than the fronts. I believe the tire sizes on the STS wheels were 235/50/17's front and 255/45/17's rear. That was stock and mine were new car take-offs. Even though my '98 was FWD, the staggered setup looked good. Here's a pic of me ex '98 (its gone now). Like I said, there were no fitment "issues", they bolted right up, never scrubbed and even looked factory IMO. If I was ever drunk enough to buy a Northstar Cadillac again, these are the wheels I'd put on it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts