Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the complainers about the slow speed of WiFi in the new Cadillac...you were right.
First picture is connected to the car.
Second pic is on the road connected to LTE network only.
Third is at work connected to the very slow building-wide WiFi internet.
I know there are a lot of variables but obviously I just tell my portables to "forget" the network and roam.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
After the firs month, I did the same. turned off the car WiFi.
just use my iPhone LTE.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I would like to know if they can add apps or browser in the CUE like my mercedes benz MB apps, etc. then I think the wifi would be worth it.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
It's a joke. No point to pay for the car to have WIFI. It's not worth a penny to me when my iPhone speed tests are WAY faster. I am disappointed to say the least. Even if there was a software update and the download/upload speeds were the same as my iPhone, I still wouldn't pay to use it. Pointless.

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
It's a joke. No point to pay for the car to have WIFI. It's not worth a penny to me when my iPhone speed tests are WAY faster. I am disappointed to say the least. Even if there was a software update and the download/upload speeds were the same as my iPhone, I still wouldn't pay to use it. Pointless.
So I didn't miss out by not having wifi in my plain old (2015) escalade .

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
With ATT mine is on the same plan as our phones with shared data. So no extra cost. Still, very interesting seeing the speed...thanks!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
It's crazy and kind of funny that the Escalade is running on AT&T's LTE network and so is my iPhone and in the same exact spot right by an AT&T cell tower, the car runs ultra slow, while my phone runs ultra fast. Maybe OnStar is limiting the LTE speeds?

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
Yeah it is wild the connection is so poor, who is going to pay for that? Just a wasted component we paid for onboard. Maybe the location of the antenna is not good or partially blocked

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys.

I think the Pandora app perhaps uses real Wifi, but I haven't gotten it to work so I wouldn't know. Still, makes more sense to use your phone as a hotspot not the car.

On another note, when I talked to OnStar about why I had to now sign in and accept the EULA each time I used the handheld app, they said it was because of restrictions imposed by their contract with ATT. Not sure if that's true, as of course each party would want to blame another when it comes to a BS issue like that, but it is ironic if true. There's another feature not worth paying for when the trial is up.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
ATT sucks, they just want your money any way they can screw you in a long term contract. Makes me sick every time I call them to figure out why they are charging us so much for bs like long distance calls that are actually to phones in the same city. Then they try to sell me more shit I don't need. So I switched out office phone to ooma. Way better and they treat us like their friends by helping us set up our phone and informing us of all costs. Office phone bill went from 350-450 a month to 20-30 a month with Ooma. Unfortunately We still have mobile phones lines for ex employees we are paying for but can't close them out for a year or two.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
KandyDavins said:
Yeah it is wild the connection is so poor, who is going to pay for that? Just a wasted component we paid for onboard. Maybe the location of the antenna is not good or partially blocked
You should see the multimedia in my MB and that even sucks. I pay $280 for subscription and $30 for apps. I tried their locator, restart, valet monitor and it will only work if you're less than 5 miles? What's the use of phone apps? The MB apps have facebook, stock quotes, daily and local news but it's pretty much slow and laggy. It has a ghost internet radio that I failed to make it work. No pandora. XM is okay but just use XM app from iPhone and sync it by BT to the MB. So, with this I think the CUE is superior. Don't even ask me about the Range Rover Sport. I called ATT instead of OnStar in activating the 4GLTE. I don't need it since I have 3 iphone 6 plus and 40G plan. Oh well.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I think the in car wi-fi access is simply a selling point for the vehicle, similar to the build-in cooler. Both options sounded great but unfortunately in real life application they fall short.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
I would like to know if they can add apps or browser in the CUE like my mercedes benz MB apps, etc. then I think the wifi would be worth it.
Only if it was able to connect to other wifi networks like your home or office wifi connection.

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
KandyDavins said:
ATT sucks, they just want your money any way they can screw you in a long term contract. Makes me sick every time I call them to figure out why they are charging us so much for bs like long distance calls that are actually to phones in the same city. Then they try to sell me more shit I don't need. So I switched out office phone to ooma. Way better and they treat us like their friends by helping us set up our phone and informing us of all costs. Office phone bill went from 350-450 a month to 20-30 a month with Ooma. Unfortunately We still have mobile phones lines for ex employees we are paying for but can't close them out for a year or two.
I use my iPhone to stream Pandora and my music. And since I have an unlimited plan I don't need to worry about going over my data plan. I really was kind of upset that I didn't have the WIFI option in my (2015) not i escalade . Plus sprint offers a mobile hot spot that's cheaper then ATT service . I will never go back to them again . I guess it's going to take a year or two for GM to get the kinks out of there WIFI introduction just sit tight and wait . In the mean time I will keep using my iPhone for all the music and streaming

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Well....from another perspective: my wife has an iPad without cell connectivity, the escalade 4g wifi thing works great ! she connects to the in car system, can download and upload email, Facebook and all of that crap at what appears to be reasonable speed! Since I am an existing ATT customer with our iPhones, the addition of the Escalade is $10 per month.....we travel a lot, I will keep it because it keeps her happy!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts