Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started having sluggish map updates on my 2014 Nav display. What I mean by sluggish is, with no destination programmed into the Nav Unit, it should display the surrounding streets as I drive. However, starting on Saturday (4/11), it shows my Car Icon in the middle of nowhere. It show my car moving, but not on any streets. If I punch in a destination, then it starts to show the surrounding streets normally.

Anyone else witness this behavior?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Lux. Cocoa Bronze 3.6 V-6
126 Posts
Yes, I have with my 2015 SRX. My wife happen to notice it when we were driving to a destination that I knew how to get to and I didn't use the Nav. system. She say where are we on the nav. sys. we are in the middle of nowhere, no side streets or anything. So Yes it's happening to others too.

12,778 Posts
Good morning algiorda and Erich_33406,

I can understand how an occurrence like this with your navigation would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. I seems like you are looking for some feedback from the forum at the moment, but have either of you brought this to the attention of your dealership? If you would like to PM me your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership name, and personal contact information, I would be happy to discuss this issue further and look into options going forward.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good morning algiorda and Erich_33406,

I can understand how an occurrence like this with your navigation would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. I seems like you are looking for some feedback from the forum at the moment, but have either of you brought this to the attention of your dealership? If you would like to PM me your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership name, and personal contact information, I would be happy to discuss this issue further and look into options going forward.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care
Thanks Austin J. but My 2015 SRX is going Back to Dealership ASAP, this Thur. April, 16th for a much more serious Problem than the Map display. The Map problem will be addressed at that time also. The More pressing issue is the Rear Hatch ( http://tinyurl.com/p3gu66o Post #-17 is mine) closing on my wife's shoulder and kept on closing without re-opening. We are older folks in our late 60's, can you imagine if a small Child or your pet Dog were to get caught in that rear lift-gate and it Not reverse.

12,778 Posts
Thanks Austin J. but My 2015 SRX is going Back to Dealership ASAP, this Thur. April, 16th for a much more serious Problem than the Map display. The Map problem will be addressed at that time also. The More pressing issue is the Rear Hatch ( http://tinyurl.com/p3gu66o Post #-17 is mine) closing on my wife's shoulder and kept on closing without re-opening. We are older folks in our late 60's, can you imagine if a small Child or your pet Dog were to get caught in that rear lift-gate and it Not reverse.
I am so sorry to hear that, Erich_33406. I’m glad to hear that your wife is alright and I can definitely understand your concern with this situation. Please keep me informed on the results of the dealership visit and, if you would like an additional layer of assistance, feel free to send me a PM with the previously requested information.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Are you zoomed in to the right level? If you are zoomed out to far, it will reduce the number of streets to reduce clutter.
It doesn't sound like that is your issue, but just putting it out there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
UpDate : It appears we have No problems, the Maps are now working properly , it must have been the area we were in because it was out in the sticks BUT there are side roads that I thought should show up on the Map like County Roads 17A and 17B which takes you into US-441 a Main road. But then again I loose Cell phone signal for no reason out there too, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.There must be something out there that doesn't like radio waves or GPS signals. Anyway the Dealership checked the Map Nav. sys. said no problems that they could find.
The Hatch re-open problem, No Problem found there either. Dealership said it just takes a bit of heavy Pressure to make it re-open, to ME it's to much pressure, should be more adjustable, also they took my wife to 2 Different SRX's on the lot and showed her each one had about the same pressure to reopen the hatch as it was coming down. They also showed her the rubber area near the tops of each SIDE of the Hatch that also triggers the reopen. I still think it requires to much pressure for a re-open, It scares you more than it hurts because you are wondering if it's ever going to re-open. Anyway, car was checked out and everything is working up to GM par.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Let's see, how many years did GM say those faulty ignition switches were "OK" all the while people were being killed?

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Let's see, how many years did GM say those faulty ignition switches were "OK" all the while people were being killed?
Yep. Just because "they all do it", doesn't mean it's designed properly. I have not personally tested mine so I won't comment on it.

I do know that GM quietly changed the faulty ignition switches and tried to keep it covered up by not revising the part number. That is a big no-no.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts