Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2020 CT4-V
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to connect my 2020 CT4 to my home wi-fi or my phone (use phone as a hotspot) to get updates, but the option is greyed out. I do not have any data plan for my car.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

· Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD, Luxury
4,309 Posts
cool beans ... thanks Excalibur :) i will have to read ( someday) my manual (s) to see if i have anything like this in my older car....doubt it, dont even know what i would use it for....

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
I just discovered the problem. The Wi-Fi hotspot was turned off in the Cadillac App on my phone. Once I turned it on, I was able to connect to my house wi-fi.
Glad you figured it out...yes the car's 4GLTE connection and the myCadillac app on your phone work in tandem with one another to connect the car to your home wifi.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
cool beans ... thanks Excalibur :) i will have to read ( someday) my manual (s) to see if i have anything like this in my older car....doubt it, dont even know what i would use it for....
Manual is good to read...but confusing as heck at times! I don't think your MY has internet connectivity to a wifi hotspot does it? I could be wrong, but I tend to think it doesn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.