Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '19 XT4 and all connected services enabled with OnStar. Under settings there is a option for "Share data with other devices" On or Off. What does this do? I have tried it both ways and seems that I can't connect to internet with it off. If I turn the setting to On then my devices will connect to the internet. So what is this setting for if devices can't connect to the internet while switched off? WIFI only?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,465 Posts
According to the owners manual, the difference between on and off means the mobile device can connect to the Onstar WIFI and use data or not use data.
“Not using Data” allows the integrated infotainment system to exclusively use the hotspot but nothing else can. It’s “not sharing” the WIFI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the owners manual, the difference between on and off means the mobile device can connect to the Onstar WIFI and use data or not use data.
“Not using Data” allows the integrated infotainment system to exclusively use the hotspot but nothing else can. It’s “not sharing” the WIFI.
Thanks for the answer! I have unlimited data plan but can switch off the kids if I need to:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts