Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the dragstrip?? I see 102-104 trap speeds out of a 469 hp blown motor. What's up with that?

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
at the dragstrip?? I see 102-104 trap speeds out of a 469 hp blown motor. What's up with that?
What's wrong with that?

The horsepower calculator says a 4500 lb vehicle(4300 plus average male weight of 200 lb) is making approx 460 hp @ 102mph and approx 477 hp @ 104 mph...right on target for what it should be.

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's wrong with that?

The horsepower calculator says a 4500 lb vehicle(4300 plus average male weight of 200 lb) is making approx 460 hp @ 102mph and approx 477 hp @ 104 mph...right on target for what it should be.
13.2-13.3, the reason I ask, if you look at a e55, they trap in the 115-117 mph range. There is only about 200lbs + - difference in weight. Just trying to compare.....

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Yes, the V is not an E55, we all know that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was wondering this too, not to put the STS-V down, I got to test one pretty hard at Sebring Speedway and was kinda unimpressed by the power. It just didn't feel like 469 hp. The CTS-V on the other hand was quite quicker. I ran a 13.1 at 109 in buddies V when it was stock while I was running our Viper at Moroso and he was there with the V. The few STS-V's that ran there ran about the same 1/4 but like you said at 102-105 mph...our other friends SRT Jeep trapped 104 at Moroso...something is weird?

And yes we had an 03' E55 and it was on another level in terms of power, but it was also underrated disregarding the large torque difference so a little unfair, and it was lemon lawed lol. I still think the STS-V should be trapping and accelerating harder then it is, is there something holding it back? Like a longer break in period or programming similar to the new diesel pickups that don't wakeup fully till about 5k miles.

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was wondering this too, not to put the STS-V down, I got to test one pretty hard at Sebring Speedway and was kinda unimpressed by the power. It just didn't feel like 469 hp. The CTS-V on the other hand was quite quicker. I ran a 13.1 at 109 in buddies V when it was stock while I was running our Viper at Moroso and he was there with the V. The few STS-V's that ran there ran about the same 1/4 but like you said at 102-105 mph...our other friends SRT Jeep trapped 104 at Moroso...something is weird?

And yes we had an 03' E55 and it was on another level in terms of power, but it was also underrated disregarding the large torque difference so a little unfair, and it was lemon lawed lol. I still think the STS-V should be trapping and accelerating harder then it is, is there something holding it back? Like a longer break in period or programming similar to the new diesel pickups that don't wakeup fully till about 5k miles.
Yeah, I was'nt knocking it, just trying to see if anyone has looked into it. It could be the trans, tune etc. With that kind of claimed h.p., the car should be trapping more than low 100's.

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's wrong with that?

Go to drag times.com and use their calculator. Here's what I got:

E55 @ 4,200 lbs. 12.5 et/116mph = 469 fwhp.

STSV @ 4,400lbs. 13.3/104mph = 378 fwhp.

MPH indicates horsepower or topend.... the STSV seems to missing some power.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Sure it is, come by any time.

But Sstealth here ran a 13.2 in his V bone stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts