Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant2::rant2: :rant2: What I can't understand is why I can't seem to get anyone to go. When I was driving my Audi S6, I'd have two or three run-ins a week with all kinds of cars. I'd win, I'd lose, etc... It was a good time.

I purposely upgraded to the V so I could crush all those anoying little wing-ridden ricer things that used to beat me, and now I can't get any of them to bite. These days I might get one a month, probably less.

QUESTION: Why is it so tough to get people to run against the V?
  1. Is it because they don't know what it is (they figure it's just another Caddy sedan), so they don't get that urge to race it?
  2. Is it because they DO know what it is and they don't want to be humiliated?
  3. Is it because I'm subconsiously looking out for cars that I know would be "true" competitors for the V and not bothering with all the "lower" cars that would have been fun to challenge when I was driving a slower car?
Hmmmmm...........:hmm:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Oh. Get a B & M Catback...

Then all the hondas think you put big pipes on a caddy and get jealous

Its no fun to spank everything on the road minus corvettes.

I am gonna buy a honda i need a challenge.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Get a catback, for some odd reason ricers and other cars tend to flock toward this sound for a quick race. It's like those whistles you use for duck hunting hahahahahaha

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd say #1.

I had so many more races in my worked 98 Grand Cherokee. However, once I added the dual straight pipes (exiting before the rear wheels) to the headers....people stopped racing me. I think they felt that a jeep THAT loud had to be extremely fast and, therefore, not worth losing to! haha.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alcast082 said:
Get a catback, for some odd reason ricers and other cars tend to flock toward this sound for a quick race. It's like those whistles you use for duck hunting hahahahahaha
:histeric: :rofl: :histeric: :rofl: :histeric: :rofl: :histeric:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
alcast082 said:
This was pretty damn funny.... lol :D

Why not racing the V? Good question. I can't figure it out myself, as I can't get many to run with me either and I don't even have an exhaust system on it yet...

My intial reaction is that the V just isn't as well known as, say, a Vette and people just don't know that it's a performance car. If they do, however, they know about just how fast it is and, perhaps, they don't want to for fear of toasted? Hell, I don't know.

I thought for certain I'd get a few takers on my run to Vegas, but came up empty handed. I'm hoping I can coax a few takers during my ~200 mile drive to San Diego (to see the Steeler-Charger Monday night game)... :bouncy:

·
Registered
321 Posts
DrivingAmericanNow said:
:rant2::rant2: :rant2: What I can't understand is why I can't seem to get anyone to go. When I was driving my Audi S6, I'd have two or three run-ins a week with all kinds of cars. I'd win, I'd lose, etc... It was a good time.

I purposely upgraded to the V so I could crush all those anoying little wing-ridden ricer things that used to beat me, and now I can't get any of them to bite. These days I might get one a month, probably less.

QUESTION: Why is it so tough to get people to run against the V?
  1. Is it because they don't know what it is (they figure it's just another Caddy sedan), so they don't get that urge to race it?
  2. Is it because they DO know what it is and they don't want to be humiliated?
  3. Is it because I'm subconsiously looking out for cars that I know would be "true" competitors for the V and not bothering with all the "lower" cars that would have been fun to challenge when I was driving a slower car?
Hmmmmm...........:hmm:
MY vote...mostly #2, with a little bit of #1 baked in. Most people who drive nice cars that are fast, by now, know what the V is....and they don't want to get their ass kicked.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
RobertCTS said:
You think some of those new 400HP GTOs might wanna test the V? How does the weight compare?
Per Motor Trend:
2005 CTS-V: 3,875
2005 GTO: 3,765

·
Registered
CTS-V
252 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Hmmm..same rear gears? This might be an interesting race. To they compare times?
Yes,they did, and if i recall correctly, M/T got the '05 V to run 4.7 0-60, and the '05 GTO 5.1 0-60

THAT MEANS WE ARE BETTER!!!! HAHAHA.

Ben

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V | 2012 CTS-V
970 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Hmmm..same rear gears? This might be an interesting race. To they compare times?
Stock it's going to be a drivers race. The GTO is easier to fix the wheel hop on. Put it in the twisties and V will win.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
V Amazed said:
Yes,they did, and if i recall correctly, M/T got the '05 V to run 4.7 0-60, and the '05 GTO 5.1 0-60

THAT MEANS WE ARE BETTER!!!! HAHAHA.

Ben
You are correct on the V 0-60. The GTO turned 0-60 in 5.0.

They also got 1/4 times of:
V: 13.1 @ 109.8
GTO: 13.3 @ 107.5

Rear diff:
V: 3.73
GTO: 3.46

1 - 20 of 41 Posts