Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. I know the car has a huge trunk, but is the engineering to fold a whole seat much harder than making a pass through?

I wish I could modify that rear seatback....

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Well is just not that kind of car...
On a technical point of view is a whole lot of modules, relays and wires between the trunk and rear seat, then '97 and older have two cross beams for body stiffens.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of car gets a folding rear seat? Smaller ones? I have trouble rationalizing that a chevy cobalt can fit a larger single item with the seat down than I can.

I realize I can't modify the rear seat to fold down, I think the radio amp is back there too. I just WISH i could....

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Cadillac is not made to howl dry wall sheets and such…for that you get a cheaper car.
I mean no disrespect; I just try to explain my point. In fact somebody tried to make some malicious comments about my car “what point is to have this large car when you can’t put inside what I put in my Matrix!” Then I had the same reply “well is just not that kind of car” and I was shocked the hear the following: ”you know what, I can understand that”.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand your argument. The luxury car buyer isn't hauling large things often. But for 50+ thousand dollars you ought to be able too. Same argument I guess that SUV owners rarely venture off road, but they could.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Well the SUVs are (use to be) purposely build for off road as Cadillac is purposely build for conformable refined sporty ride. Now why a SUV owner rarely goes off road…bought the wrong car mostly (or had totally different reasons behind the purchase, look cool, ride higher, look cool, safer in a crush, look cool).

·
Registered
2000 ETC
13 Posts
Well the SUVs are (use to be) purposely build for off road as Cadillac is purposely build for conformable refined sporty ride. Now why a SUV owner rarely goes off road…bought the wrong car mostly (or had totally different reasons behind the purchase, look cool, ride higher, look cool, safer in a crush, look cool).
fixed that for ya :D

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
i think caddy made them not fold becosue they wanted to help the mafia out
becouse both caddy and lincolns seats dont fold down and these cars whre used to hide bodys and also to throw live ppl in the trunk whyll they where on the way to be killed so they did not want a rear folding seat
that they could get into the car in and get loose LOL
say if they stoped at a gas station and went inside so the person could not get from the trunk to inside the car LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts