Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this would only work if two things are true:

1) They make the 315 NStar at the new CTS plant/find a cheap way to transport it to the CTS plant and 2) it'll fit

Is the SRX assembled at the CTS factory? Are the new Northstars made there?

Anyway, after the reengineering costs, making one engine to fit three different cars (SRX, XLR, CTS) would probably be profitable.
Besides...scrap the 220hp V6 base for crying out loud! Cadillac wants to be on the performance edge?? now is the time! Even an upgraded V6 isn't up to snuff!

So I propose, let's ge the new Northstar in the CTS and stick the LS6 in the V-series as is planned (maybe)
:D :D

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
its too wide or they would have used it for the v-series, look for an upgraded v-6 next year

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
V-6 in a Cadillac? Not in my garage!!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
thats a good question...im very curious myself since the v-series interests me...i would GUESS no more than 50k, based on the price of the ZO6(theoretic drivetrain donor) and the M3(main competition?)...i suppose an argument could be made that it would better compare to M5, but it cant believe it would be that expensive or even close

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Given that the LS6 predates the CTS and the RWD Northstar does not, and that the LS6-powered CTSv isn't really here yet, even if Cadillac's plan included a CTS Northstar we probably wouldn't see it for a year after the CTSv.

I agree that a V6 Cadillac just doesn't sound right, but it *is* a $30,000 car in a six-cylinder market.

And I have to wonder if a Northstar CTS wouldn't make life uncomfortable for the next STS.

.Jinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts