Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2015 Platinum and noticed on page 3-4 in the user manual I should be able to adjust the seat and back bolsters. when I try to adjust I can only adjust the back bolsters. The seat bolsters don't appear on the CUE screen as adjustable as shown in the user manual. Any else have this problem?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
dfride said:
I just took delivery of my 2015 Platinum and noticed on page 3-4 in the user manual I should be able to adjust the seat and back bolsters. when I try to adjust I can only adjust the back bolsters. The seat bolsters don't appear on the CUE screen as adjustable as shown in the user manual. Any else have this problem?
It's in the massage control switch. Turn it counter clockwise to adjust the massage settings and clockwise to adjust the seat bolsters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see by rotating the outer ring that you can cycle through the various settings of massage and seat settings. As you rotate through the settings you can see on the CUE screen the picture of the seat. When the seat back bolsters are shown I can adjust them. According to the manual I'm supposed to be able to adjust the seat (thigh) bolsters as well. these bolsters don't appear as red on the graphic (CUE screen) like the seat back bolsters do. The manual on page 3-4 indicates both upper and lower bolsters should be adjustable and mine does not.

I hope I'm missing something as this would be highly unfortunate not to be able to adjust...

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
if you're referring to the upper and lower bolster adjustment, yes it is adjustable you just have to play with it. as far as the seat bottom where your bottom rest, I don't think that is and should be adjustable like a bucket seat. you have massaging functions for that already.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you're referring to the upper and lower bolster adjustment, yes it is adjustable you just have to play with it. as far as the seat bottom where your bottom rest, I don't think that is and should be adjustable like a bucket seat. you have massaging functions for that already.
here's my confusion. My user manual which came with the vehicle shows my seat bolsters being adjustable. The user manual available online at the Cadillac website doesn't show them as being adjustable. Here's a picture of page 3-4of my actual manual.

IMG_3636 - resized.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to clarify, I'm not talking about the seat back adjustments...only the seat bottom adjustment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not an option. Just checked.
which then leads me to a couple of questions...

who would you check with to verify?

this apparently means the owners manual is wrong...but at one point GM thought it was a good thing since it shows that it was considered at one time, at least long enough to put it in the manual. Maybe the seat is prepped for it but not the software??

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
dfride said:
which then leads me to a couple of questions... who would you check with to verify? this apparently means the owners manual is wrong...but at one point GM thought it was a good thing since it shows that it was considered at one time, at least long enough to put it in the manual. Maybe the seat is prepped for it but not the software??
It's a generic CUE manual which doesn't apply to the escalade but other models in their lineup obviously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts