Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This button is needed when using handsfree calling and navigation through company voice mail systems to dial numbers using voice recognition. It is on the steering wheel on the CTS but there is no replacement button for the V that I can find. So after calling a company, I can not enter an extension. Can this be the way it is or have I just not found the button. Onstar could not help.

BTW, I just upgraded to the digital system to share my Verizon minutes.

Lance

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
ON STAR

The car was set up for you to call through On Star. Not some competitve mode.

Now say "thank you, general"

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
I've got the same issue on my non-V CTS with NAV. I can't figure out how to get On-Star to send a push-button tone so that I can navigate through a voice-mail system (as in "Press '1' for Sales, Press '2' for service...). Cadillac Customer Service was no help, neither was On-star. It's on the list for my next service visit.

I hope there is a resolution. I was thinking about switching to Verizon and combining minutes with the car. But if I can't get into my own voice mail, I won't bother.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Or even better...

Is it possible to dial, say, information (only a 3 digit number)?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pengineer91 said:
I've got the same issue on my non-V CTS with NAV. I can't figure out how to get On-Star to send a push-button tone so that I can navigate through a voice-mail system (as in "Press '1' for Sales, Press '2' for service...). Cadillac Customer Service was no help, neither was On-star. It's on the list for my next service visit.
I hope there is a resolution. I was thinking about switching to Verizon and combining minutes with the car. But if I can't get into my own voice mail, I won't bother.
after you have made a call, you can push the button that has the mans face on it that is on the steering wheel and it will ask you for the number and dial it during the phone call. That is the button I am looking for on the V. I am hopeing that the have added it somewhere else.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
slow is right, on the NON-V models you can press the voice button on the wheel, this mutes and turns your number commands into DTMF tones so that you can access automated menus.
As for the V.... I'll see if I can look into this. It seems all you need to be able to do is mute the microphone and the VCIM should give DTMF tones.
I have to do some research. I know a couple of GM engineers too, I'll see if I can bend their ears.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ewill3rd said:
slow is right, on the NON-V models you can press the voice button on the wheel, this mutes and turns your number commands into DTMF tones so that you can access automated menus.
As for the V.... I'll see if I can look into this. It seems all you need to be able to do is mute the microphone and the VCIM should give DTMF tones.
I have to do some research. I know a couple of GM engineers too, I'll see if I can bend their ears.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Amen.

I just upgraded mine so I could add to my Verizon, now that I have & have used it a week, I'm like, OK, how do I mute this thing, how do I "press1".

The 411 thing pi$$ed me off too, but I figured to just dial 410-555-1212 (whatever area code you want) and that works, of course you need to know the area code of the number, doh.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
Just tried it (calling my portable cell phone, just to confirm that the tones would be sent). Doesn't work. There must be a hardware problem. :mad:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I haven't tried it, I can do some more research but it might take time.
Someone gave me a number for someone at OnStar but most of Corporate GM is on their "winter break".
Most of Detroit is shut down right now.
It might be next week before I can find anything out.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Could you explain the digital upgrade whereby you can use your Verizon minutes? I definitely wouldn't mind being able to use my Verizon minutes hands-free through the car's system. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
Well, the answer I got from the dealer for my non-V CTS with NAV is that the mute/talk function is not available on cars with NAV systems. :banghead:
Another screw-up from the General. Spend more, and key features disappear.:nono:

·
Registered
339 Posts
atdeneve said:
Could you explain the digital upgrade whereby you can use your Verizon minutes? I definitely wouldn't mind being able to use my Verizon minutes hands-free through the car's system. Thanks.
Yeah, what he said....

·
Registered
88 Posts
kjr39 said:
Yeah, what he said....
You can upgrade the hardware to the new digital unit for free .. well, if you sign up for 3 yours paid in advance of onstar, which is like $500. I did it, then you just hit the onstar button & tell them you want to add your phone to your existing verizon cell & they do it right while you're on the phone for $9 a month. Does make the minutes easier to maintain, but it's still a different number, so you have to *72/*73 your cell to fwd calls to the car automatically. I get better reception on my handheld than on the car, which makes no sense to me, but it works OK, except for no mute, and no way to dial menu choices, or less than 10 digit numbers, or ... eh, nothin's perfect.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am sorry I am so slow on this.
I do have an idea but I need time and a base CTS.

I am thinking if I can get the resistance value of the switch that mutes the radio in the base CTS that I can make some kind of switch that you could put somewhere in the car that would allow you to do this with your Vs.
The radio should recognize the value as a "mute" input since the radios are essentially the same between the V6 and the V.
I'll let you know if I come up with something. I am not too good at engineering stuff like this but maybe I can give you guys some info and someone can fabricate a nice mod that has a clean install?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts