Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that there is a 8 inch circle where a speaker should go in the reat drivers side. whats up with that? is that an option? i thought i got the dvd option with all speakers. i noticed on the web site that it said 9 speaker but then i only found 8. am i missing something?

also can i put a subwoofer there? can i use a after amrket amp or will it make the hissing noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off, I think you have 9 speakers, since there is a small (very) sub-woofer in the center console that you don't see (I am told). But, I was wondering the same thing - can we add a sub to that back speaker mount hole??? If you learn anything let me know, and I will do likewise

·
Registered
52 Posts
I Added An 8" Jl Audio Sub In A Custom Enclosure Behind That Panel Then I Took Out The Plastic Grille And Had A Custom Grille Skinned In Grille Cloth That Matches The Interior.
I Added A 150 Watt Amp To Power The Sub And It Is Wired Into The Stock Bose System. The Result Was The Bass The Car Should Have Had From The Factory And A Factory Look In The Rear.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've placed an 8" JL Audio in there also. I was really dissapointed with the crappy factory sub preformance. Looking at the 2 side by side the factory sub seem like it came out of a AM radio!

·
Registered
2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV
160 Posts
Yeah in my 05 there is nothing there, i belive in the older models thats where the sub was, they moved it more towards the passenger compartment i guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In my 02 i have a sub in the rear cargo area..Does the 02 have a sub in the center console..My parents 04 has a sub in the center console and i think its got a sub in the rear cargo area like mine too

·
Registered
545 Posts
I believe there is a subwoofer there in the Tahoes or Yukons.....
Since they use the same part in the Escalade it is empty due to the fact that the subwoofer is located in the center console...

********Please Post pics of the subwoofer installation in the rear hatch.*********

·
Registered
110 Posts
all nbs gm suvs...escalade tahoe etc...had the sub in the rear from 01-02...then GM got smart and put the sub up front but got lazy and didnt make a different panel for the the rear...so now all the 03+ owners have a speaker grille that covers no speaker...

·
Registered
2011 ESV Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible
76 Posts
That certainly explains why I have been disappointed with the bass coming from the "premium Bose sound system" in my 2004 ESV. So where exactly is the tiny sub located in the center console? Also, do you think it is better to consider upgrading that one to a larger sub or adding a second sub with an amp in the rear?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't think the subwoofer is mounted in the center console.

The BOSE Amp is in the middle between the front seats. And as advertised by Cadillac it seems that the subwoofer is also there.

I am very satisfied with the bass power I am getting and I don't think I'll ever add a speaker to the truck.

·
Registered
2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV
160 Posts
Quote:"I don't think the subwoofer is mounted in the center console.

The BOSE Amp is in the middle between the front seats. And as advertised by Cadillac it seems that the subwoofer is also there."

Isnt the center console the thing between the two front seats???

·
Registered
64 Posts
atomikorange - did you have to put in an amp and wiring for the sub or did you just have to hook up the sub to existing stock stuff. And how does it sound? big difference?

thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
atomikorange said:
MEJIA - Here's a pic of my 8" JL Audio sub in the rear....
Thanks for the picture......

What amp do you have the subwoofer wired to?

I believe you had to buy a "special interfase" to make everything work with the stock system right?

If so, what brand and model is the "so called" interface, also price and where to buy it will be great.

Once again thank you,

Mejia

·
Registered
Escalade
3 Posts
in the 02's there is a sub in the rear behind that grill, and one in the console. i am almost positive, and the factory amp is in that back, driver side, right above the speaker grill

·
Registered
449 Posts
tdogg5184 said:
Quote:"I don't think the subwoofer is mounted in the center console.

The BOSE Amp is in the middle between the front seats. And as advertised by Cadillac it seems that the subwoofer is also there."

Isnt the center console the thing between the two front seats???
Okay... I was confused between the center console and the front console I guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
MEJIA said:
Thanks for the picture......

What amp do you have the subwoofer wired to?

I believe you had to buy a "special interfase" to make everything work with the stock system right?

If so, what brand and model is the "so called" interface, also price and where to buy it will be great.

Once again thank you,

Mejia
8" sub is a JL Audio W6 = $315.00
Amp is also a JL (250x1) = $429.00
The interface / adapter = $99.99 (not sure what the brand is, but you local audio shop should have one.)

And to answer Sycosis's question - There was no existing wiring.

Overall the added sub is a great "addition" to the Bose system and it does sound good. But if your looking for that thump you need more. I'm planning on upgrading to (4 )JL 10" subs in the future.

Hope this info help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts