Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02' DeVille
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every thread in the FWD drive DeVille forum is a PROBLEM thread?????

Makes me wonder about my car...... :eek:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,981 Posts
Because that is why people seek these forums out. To solve problems.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
The cars are fine. Rangers is right on key. No one searches the web to find a place to tell people how great there car is running today. If they did we'd have about 40 billion members.

AND they're not really all problems. Sometimes people just have a question or want an opinion.

·
Registered
90 Deville
70 Posts
Start a positive thread if all the question and problem threads are so troubling...while I've had a few problems with our SDV, I'm still thrilled with our 17 year old w/103K+ every time I drive it.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
107 Posts
Ranger is right on the money with his comment. I frequent a Jeep Grand Cherokee forum and you will see the same thing there, and you have to remind yourself that forums are for problem solving, and they are a great resource for that.
I love my 99 Deville, and I have never said that about a car before. It is my first Cadillac. When I bought it from the dealer it had head gasket problems, the dealer could not diagnose it. But with help from this forum, I was able to help him and they fixed it under my extended warranty.

I am 57 years old and right now I own two vehicles that are my all time favorites. The 99 Deville and a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. Have you ever noticed that if someone wants to make the point that something is high quality, or high luxury, they discribe it as the Cadillac of ________? Well my wife and I call our Jeep the Cadillac of Jeeps :) And out of the two vehicles, the Caddy is the economy car:thumbsup:

D

·
0 Posts
Have you ever noticed that if someone wants to make the point that something is high quality, or high luxury, they discribe it as the Cadillac of ________?
That saying was from a long time ago. Back when a Cadillac really was a quality car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I always hate these passive aggressive "make me feel good about my car" hypochondria threads because they always degenerate into bashing other brands.

I am pleasantly surprised that is not the case so far (nothing wrong with some lighthearted poking of course ;) ). When you dont have to bash another brand to make yourself feel better about yours, then you know your vehicle can stand on it's own merits... and I've said that from the beginning. Cadillacs are great cars, but they do have problems, like anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts