Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that Robert has done his, I'm just so green with envy...(just kiddin') and after seeing SD's in person and pics of all the others that have done it, it's even worse...I want one:D However, I have accepted that I don't think I can ever join the ranks of those who have done the V bumper addition....:crying2: This is how my car looks coming out of my driveway...so steep...Wouldn't the V-bumper be worse???

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man, that's bad! If you are willing to spend a little money, you can ramp your driveway. They have dock leveling plates that warehouses use that would solve your issue. As long as no one steals it from your driveway. They are heavy and no one would be able to just pick it up an run off, but they can be taken. You could bolt it to the ground if your city doesn't mind. It will still allow water to flow through the gutter. Good luck

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thefred said:
Are you actually rubbing the rubber lip on the street every time you go out?
Yup...I am ordering a new one from GM parts direct....the rubber lip now has a 6 inch slit....from 2 years of daily back and forth....

·
Registered
998 Posts
You could try angling your entrance and exit. This way when you are entering or leaving the car will be at an angle, and one of the front tires will help you from scraping.

I know the wording was weird, but living up in SF for four years has exposed me to many driveways that would have loved a peice of my bumper.

I like the V-front end, but it seems as though I like it because there is a lack of options. I'd hate to be labeled a "poser"

Either way, tons of people think its a V just by looking at it. I guess they see the dual exhaust and wider tires and think V.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
You could try angling your entrance and exit. This way when you are entering or leaving the car will be at an angle, and one of the front tires will help you from scraping.
I've done that...but then I run the risk of coming off the edge of the driveway and the drop is too much...It's a weird street..my neighbors scrape when they come out of their driveways also...guell I have to live with it....

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RobertCTS said:
Would you be willing to give up your Eibach springs for some extra height? That would be my choice.
I would, but I had the problem issue when the CTS was stock, prior to adding the Eibachs...had the same problem with my previous car also...Don't have the problem with my SUV though...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I physically measure the V height before and after I installed it. You will be OK trust me the V wont be 1mm lower than your stock bumper.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's close..My parents drive you can't back out with out scraping the back bumper so you have to go out at an angle.. I know the feeling.. I'm glad I have a flat driveway at my home. At least I know someday I can own a Vett.. My Mother wanted one but wouldn't clear the drive way.. now she wants a new house!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SdMarineGuy said:
I physically measure the V height before and after I installed it. You will be OK trust me the V wont be 1mm lower than your stock bumper.
I am worried about the extra front lip on the v bumper..at the angle that I come out my driveway, it will be digging into the pavement....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts