Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
07 V1
97 Posts
Wow, You guys have waayyy too much time on your hands. I have to admit I do like the Ford/Hyundai conspiracy best. Damn You,Other OE engineers!!!
I am guessing that the 5 lug conversion mentioned numerous times is well worth the time and cash in order to use ANY other GM or A/M 5 lug wheel.
Just sayin!!

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
509 Posts
It wouldn't be such an unexpected or unnecessary task in an older V.

Figure the wheel bearings could need to be changed around 125k, then it's just matching up rotor sizes (I believe the camaro works).

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
One of the engineers was probably hoping to put Viper wheels on the V.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Black Raven
232 Posts
Lmao!! Too funny Hyndai...I didn't like these 6 bolts at first, but it makes our cars unique and wouldn't change it out for anything...

·
Registered
04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
149 Posts
GM knew they would switch to the LS2 truck motor so they got the six lug truck wheels on ahead of time.... Duh

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a ton of rims that would look awesome on the v but they are usually a one of the 5 lug patterns. WHY DO WE HAVE 6 lugs?????:suspect:
Does anyone know if there are kits that change the lug pattern???
I know it is a silly question but it would make rim choice HUGE and less expensive, as long as the spacing offset and size is picked correctly.
Use the CTS bearing module w/ 5 lugs

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,252 Posts
Use the CTS bearing module w/ 5 lugs
Did you notice you were bumping a 5-1/2-year-old thread and quoting a post from over 14 years ago? :eek:

And btw, it's not that simple. There are a number of threads here or on FB or on other forums about how to convert to 5-lug, and you can't just use CTS bearings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you notice you were bumping a 5-1/2-year-old thread and quoting a post from over 14 years ago? :eek:

And btw, it's not that simple. There are a number of threads here or on FB or on other forums about how to convert to 5-lug, and you can't just use CTS bearings.
I did notice it was an old thread.
so information is good. ?
Tell me why I can not use CTS bearings. .

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,252 Posts
Google for "CTS-V 5-lug conversion" and commence reading. You will find results here, LS1tech, and other CTS-V enthusiast forums as well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts