Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do they fail and has B&B done anything to fix it after the fact? What do the owners of them do?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Most owners are pretty much on their own.

I suppose if you want, you can remove them and send them back and get them fixed (maybe).

Mine isn't throwing any error codes or check engine lights so I am still in the running.

I think my next set of headers are gonna have a replaceable cat.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
What do most owners do? Well, speaking from experience, I go faster once the cats blow out :D

Seriously, though, I don't mind the catless headers and the great power/sound with the xpipe so much - but since smog checks are a reality around here, I'm playing it safe for now.

Whine correctly to Billy and he'll replace them to the original owners once...twise is unlikely though.

WW

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
I blew out cats twice on the original design. I don't think you will blow them out street driving and getting a little crazy one in a while. I toasted mine at the track. Not 1/4 mile. Watkins Glen, 30 minutes of very high revving action!
Anyway, Do exactly what Urby said!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
Silver Baron said:
Sorry, I meant what is "new" in his new LT design?
instead of the cats being incorporated into the actual header, the new design is more conventional wiht long-tube headers, and cats further downstream in a separate pipe just in front of the x-pipe. think z06. there was a mention of "cheap cats" in another header thread, but i have no way to confirm that.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
My CAT's were quitters, plain and simple. :lildevil: A quick question for those with second generation long tubes. Do these still bolt up to the BB exhaust with no issues? Is there any gain in performance vs. CAT-less headers? I'm debating on whether or not to get these or if they're even worth the hassle.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
CVP33 said:
My CAT's were quitters, plain and simple. :lildevil: A quick question for those with second generation long tubes. Do these still bolt up to the BB exhaust with no issues? Is there any gain in performance vs. CAT-less headers? I'm debating on whether or not to get these or if they're even worth the hassle.
well...as you can see the leadpipes are now in 2 sections, fore section w/ cat, aft attaches to teh x-pipe/resonator.
so yes, its a totally easy bolt-on to BBs system.

catless? well i posted about my week of running catless....i have the cats in now.

·
Registered
523 Posts
you can use the headers with out the cats
right. You will have more noise and higher emmision problems but besides that is there a downfall

1 - 20 of 35 Posts