Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you have PM'd me asking why I resigned. It has come to my attention that PMing me will label you as a conspirator. So in order to protect you from the suspicions of the small minded peoples, I will state why I resigned here.

A few weeks ago, as a member of the 'moderators' team I made a suggestion that we try to warn people before closing threads or post a reason. My idea was simple. If you don't want people to repeat the same offense, then tell them what it is so that they won't.

Well, the self apointed ruler of the 'moderators' chose to argue until I was tired of arguing. Thoise of you who know me, know that I won;t back down from a good exchange of ideas. Except is ceased to be ideas and became 'your idea sucks'. Well how to debate a close mind? Even God steps away from the close minded peoples. So whatever...

I was posting in a thread a week later or so. A person, who has since been labeled a co-conspirator, replied to a post I made with something I didn't understand. So I ignored it until a day later, when I wondered why there were no responses to another thread.

Lo and behold, the thread was closed by that close minded person with my post left as the last one. And the wording aws very similar to the words that the co-conspirator replied too.

Now I understood. He thought I closed the thread and thought I was going to close another. This disturbed me, because I don't want anyone to think they can't exhange ideas with me or I will get mad and lcose a thread.

So I made a sarcastic response. Not just because this was an "I told you so!" post, but because it was no longer hypothetical theories. It now effected me personally.

I thought this would be the end of it. But it just kept growing and growing and growing. It was insinuated that I lied, that I was part of a conspiracy to create havoc, and that I even engaged in sabotage.

I kid you not! This is why I aks you not to PM me. Because the act of PMing me, if seen by a certain wacko, will make you part of this conspiracy too.

I assure you all that there is no one, to the best of my knowledge, who is conspiring against this board. I made a good faith team suggestion. For whatever reason, it was deemed unwarranted. Then it effected me and my reputation. Then it just got much too weird for me to stick around any longer.

Plus, I couldn't be an effective insurgent if I was one of them could I? :histeric:

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
You didn't make it known that we "past moderators" are out to get them, did you? :devil: :rolleyes:
Sounds like my name has been used quite a bit behind the scenes.
Anyhow.....welcome to the "sane" side of things. :welcome:

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
A few of you have PM'd me asking why I resigned. It has come to my attention that PMing me will label you as a conspirator. So in order to protect you from the suspicions of the small minded peoples, I will state why I resigned here.

A few weeks ago, as a member of the 'moderators' team I made a suggestion that we try to warn people before closing threads or post a reason. My idea was simple. If you don't want people to repeat the same offense, then tell them what it is so that they won't.

Well, the self apointed ruler of the 'moderators' chose to argue until I was tired of arguing. Thoise of you who know me, know that I won;t back down from a good exchange of ideas. Except is ceased to be ideas and became 'your idea sucks'. Well how to debate a close mind? Even God steps away from the close minded peoples. So whatever...

I was posting in a thread a week later or so. A person, who has since been labeled a co-conspirator, replied to a post I made with something I didn't understand. So I ignored it until a day later, when I wondered why there were no responses to another thread.

Lo and behold, the thread was closed by that close minded person with my post left as the last one. And the wording aws very similar to the words that the co-conspirator replied too.

Now I understood. He thought I closed the thread and thought I was going to close another. This disturbed me, because I don't want anyone to think they can't exhange ideas with me or I will get mad and lcose a thread.

So I made a sarcastic response. Not just because this was an "I told you so!" post, but because it was no longer hypothetical theories. It now effected me personally.

I thought this would be the end of it. But it just kept growing and growing and growing. It was insinuated that I lied, that I was part of a conspiracy to create havoc, and that I even engaged in sabotage.

I kid you not! This is why I aks you not to PM me. Because the act of PMing me, if seen by a certain wacko, will make you part of this conspiracy too.

I assure you all that there is no one, to the best of my knowledge, who is conspiring against this board. I made a good faith team suggestion. For whatever reason, it was deemed unwarranted. Then it effected me and my reputation. Then it just got much too weird for me to stick around any longer.

Plus, I couldn't be an effective insurgent if I was one of them could I? :histeric:
Hmmm. Seems like there isn't enough intrigue in the world.

Come on guys - this is supposed to be fun. This is starting to be as bad as a certain other huge GM forum, (which has its' own idea of political correctness) which will remain namelesss. If having fun talking trash and Cadillacs has us chasing our tails, we need to rethink our approaach to life. Seems like this place ought to be somewhere where our inner idiot should be able to peek out once in a while. What's with the conflicts?

I don't know the story, nor are any of the individuals friends, but I'd like to suggest that everyone make an extra effort to make this place a dufus - free zone.

Don't mean to offend anyone. :tongue2:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lux hauler said:
You didn't make it known that we "past moderators" are out to get them, did you? :devil: :rolleyes:
Sounds like my name has been used quite a bit behind the scenes.
Anyhow.....welcome to the "sane" side of things. :welcome:
No, I accidently ate the list because Dirtboy was making me laugh so hard.

Dirtboy did name you as one of the co-conspirators. Oh, and he refers to us not as board members, but as ex-moderators. It seems that we ex-moderators are ex-moderators because we chose not to be loyal to the self-appointed supreme leader.

So when do we get to meet and exchange our secret plans? :sneaky:

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Interesting...

This is kind of stupid that it had to come to this. whoever closed those two threads was being a PC Nazi as McNewell would say. And whoever closes the thread should make the last post and say...this has gone too far...etc...and be the last poster so we know who closed it. I'm not afraid to say it. BAN ME IF YOU WANT. Does the first amendment apply to this board?

Forever a cadillac lover, JIGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AirJigga25 said:
And whoever closes the thread should make the last post and say...this has gone too far...etc...and be the last poster so we know who closed it.
That's all I was trying to say too! :canttalk:

You will now be labeled as a co-conspirator and thus, you are now a welcome member of the resistance.:sneaky:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AirJigga25 05:08 PM Private Messaging

Dirtboy beleives this is enough evidence to accuse you of consulting with known conpirators and <gulp> ex-moderators.

Please use extreme caution when Dirtboy is online.:shhh:

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
AirJigga25 05:08 PM Private Messaging

Dirtboy beleives this is enough evidence to accuse you of consulting with known conpirators and <gulp> ex-moderators.

Please use extreme caution when Dirtboy is online.:shhh:
ha ha ha...i think i know who dirtboy is. I'm not conspiring though...I'm just chilling...and being real. Where's hollywoodhicks, jjhomer, and stoneagecaddy when ya need 'em.

are we allowed to make suggestions still?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ralph said:
OK, so you resigned from being a Moderator, but I hope you are not leaving the Forum!? You are after all my superior intellectual when it comes to learning, and I need you around here to further my education. ;) :D
Or you sure you got the right guy? :confused:

Oh wait, you are Canadian. So even Dirtboy could be classified as a superior intellectual. :D

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Ralph said:
OK, so you resigned from being a Moderator, but I hope you are not leaving the Forum!? You are after all my superior intellectual when it comes to learning, and I need you around here to further my education. ;) :D
yeah, ralphy needs you in his everlasting pursuit of knowledge.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AirJigga25 said:
are we allowed to make suggestions still?
If Dirtboy doesn't like it, then it's just like not making a suggestion.

Oh, and I hereby swear on this stack of Fleetwood repair manuals, that Airjigga is in no way a member or supporter of the Moron Resistance Brigade (MRB). :D

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Or you sure you got the right guy? :confused:

Oh wait, you are Canadian. So even Dirtboy could be classified as a superior intellectual. :D
Ouch! Can we get a Moderator to look at this one PLEASE! :D :histeric:

As to whether I've got the "right guy" the answer is yes. I can assess that you are "well read" and regrettably many times I cannot even respond on certain issues or topics! Thanks a lot HotRod! :disappoin :annoyed: :nono: The quest continues.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:banghead: I tried to follow this thread and I'm lost! :crybaby: Oh well, another Scotch and I'll follow the Yellow Brick Road! :histeric: I believe that if a thread is to be closed, it should be stated it will be and why. It would only seem fair to the people.
Actually it's a margarita! :yup:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
This is all so confusing I dont know what to think..... :bonkers:

Im still unsure of what your trying to prove HRS, but I think your doing a good job.... :D The way I see it, you have something personal against Howard and so on....

To be honest, i dont know why this discussion is happening.... We can talk for 3 pages about "thread Nazis" and there are people in the other forums who have had NO replies to their concerns.... I suggest we ALL stop wasting our time on worthless things like this and move on....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Okay, let me try this one! :D OH MY GOD WES! WORTHLESS... My thoughts are worthless?? Just when I thougth I was gaining self value and worhtiness! I"M JUST KIDDING.... I get it! :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
elwesso said:
I suggest we ALL stop wasting our time on worthless things like this and move on....
If you don't want to talk about it......Dont!

This board has lost some real good people over this...It should be discussed.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I dont see it as a huge issue.....I dont close anythreads without explanation or a warning and i know some other mods feel the same way......its simply stupid to lose anyone from a cadillac site because of how political issues are being handeled.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts