Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering why the 93-97 STS seem to be a touch faster than the 98+ ones? Did they weigh less? I know the pre 96 ones had OBDI and less emission controls, but I have "heard" that the 97s are the fastest. My 00 ran a 15.032 @ 94 in street trim hot off the highway. I bet I could get 14.8 or so out of it with some cool down and air pressure adjust but I have heard of older ones running 14.6 and lower stock. Whats the difference?

Thanks,

-Eli

·
Registered
247 Posts
STSEli said:
I am wondering why the 93-97 STS seem to be a touch faster than the 98+ ones? Did they weigh less? I know the pre 96 ones had OBDI and less emission controls, but I have "heard" that the 97s are the fastest. My 00 ran a 15.032 @ 94 in street trim hot off the highway. I bet I could get 14.8 or so out of it with some cool down and air pressure adjust but I have heard of older ones running 14.6 and lower stock. Whats the difference?

Thanks,

-Eli
My 94' STS ran 14.8 1/4

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
I once owned a '93 STS. While it still had less than 40,000 miles I made 3 consecutive passes at Carlsbad Raceway; each were identical! 15.4 et. The car was totally stock except for the installed SuperChip and a K&N filter. It was carrying a 1/2 tank of gas during the runs.

What was more surprising was, Cadillac listed 15.4 et for the STS in their sales brochure that year. Boy were they on the mark (or I have lousy dragstrip skills, hehee)!

..rickko..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts