Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In typical GM fashion, I can get black with every color except Navy. This makes no sense and is now stopping me from getting a CTS. Why does GM care what color interior I get anyway as long as they are making them?

This is just odd.

Also, I can get blue tooth in a Kia and GM still cant get in in their all new 08?? Even the 100K XLRV does not have blue tooth. They always get it 95% right but that last 5% is why they japanese and germans are killing them

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Because everyone knows black and navy blue don't go well together....

Bluetooth will be available later this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most of the hardware for it is there, it's just a matter of software and there will be an update for the system.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Even your vaunted German autos have restrictions on what interior and exterior colors can be combined. Auto manufacturers might care because they do not want their product represented by what they consider a poor color choice.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Black and Navy Blue are really not good together.

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
No black on blue is a strange restriction, I would think it's a pleasing combo, but alas, since GM won't allow it, so what's the point. I concur with Zymurgy, most car makers have certain such restrictions, and they seem dubious at times. I think the other two interior colors are worth considering too. And there's a pretty fine selection of other exteriors as well ;) How about thunder gray, from the photos I found it must have a bluish shade to it.

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
LOL @ "because everyone knows black and blue dont go together". WTF???
Black and blue go good together. If i bought a blue car i'd only want it with a black interior.

The short answer to the question on your thread is because GM is RETARDED. Why did it take longer to get ipod integration into the Cadillacs than the Chevys?????

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
Black and Navy Blue are really not good together.

That's like trying to order an emerald green exterior with an imola red interior on a beemer. Its not going to let you shoot yourself in the foot.

Or trying to order a cabriolet with a sunroof! :stirpot:

Either way, I think the company puts thought into coordinating colors so that we don't have to guess what looks right.

As for the bluetooth, it might be something that pop's up later on. But I see OnStar having some sort of input in regulating something like that. As they'd prefer that you get their service over using bluetooth.

You ever try to unlock your doors using bluetooth? Now I am being facetious, but I kid, I kid.

I hope you find what suits you best, let us know!

Take care.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
Also, I do think that GM should let the consumer pick how they want their car made. For some extra $$, Audi lets you pick from any color they've produced (in the history of the company) and have it on any of their current models if you special order it from the dealer.

It would be cool if GM was like that.

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
Well since this is the only thread with some degree of GM bashing going on ;), I will repeat my utmost dissatisfaction with the unavailability of Magnaride from the very beginning on the 2008 :) I'm sure it's only a matter of time when it appears on this car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts