Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to go nuts... I've been looking for an ETC here in the Boston area, and I'm convinced there's not one nice one out there! Every time I go to check one out, it's got a 'Check Engine" light, severe mis-fires, or they'll openly admit that is has a "minor overheating problem." (Is there such thing as a MINOR overheating problem with an aluminum engine?!?)

I guess I'll just have to keep looking... I'm keeping high standards, but I believe that's in my best interest. I won't even test-drive the car unless they can provide me with the service history. I'm also being picky about mileage - I'm avoiding anything with over 60k on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience when shopping for their Eldo?

-Scott

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The ETCs are a little harder to come by....... But you shouldnt have a problem finding one....... In order to find one you want, you need to be willing to drive some..... 100 miles should be fine......

When i started shopping for my car, I got on every dealers website and every magazine and classified section for a 100 mile radius....... I got lucky and found one 20mins from my house!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keep looking !

E.BAY

I searched for three months before I found
mine in KY.
Be willing to travel and you could come up
with a good deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there's good news! I've found two ETC's locally, both of which meet my criteria. I guess if you put some serious effort into the hunt, you'll find what you're looking for. The only complaint that I have is that neither of them have sunroofs, but I guess I have to be a *little* flexible. The funny part is that the ones with sunroofs that I have seen have all been aftermarket... easily distinguishable by the non-factory switches, and the overall poorly re-fabricated headliners. Did most people opt not to have a sunroof from the factory?

Now that I've found an Eldo that I want to buy, I can't get rid of my current car, LOL!

-Scott

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as miles on the ETC's go, the first one I saw has 52k on it, and the second has 59k. Both are black, both are '97's. I was looking at a very nice white-diamond one, but I just couldn't cope with the 75k on it. I realize the life of this car is probably over 200k+ with proper maintenence, but I never keep them that long.

Right now I'm driving a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, with 106,000 miles on it, and I'll be the first to admit that it drives as good as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Not a sqeek, engine is just as smooth, and the tranny is just as tight. GM has come a really long way in the engineering of these cars. I'm just tired of a 4-door, and since I do about 20,000 miles per year, I figure I'm better off selling the prix while it's still worth a little bit. So, if you know anyone who is looking for a very well maintained 'Prix, just lemme know!

-Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts