Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to go nuts... I've been looking for an ETC here in the Boston area, and I'm convinced there's not one nice one out there! Every time I go to check one out, it's got a 'Check Engine" light, severe mis-fires, or they'll openly admit that is has a "minor overheating problem." (Is there such thing as a MINOR overheating problem with an aluminum engine?!?)

I guess I'll just have to keep looking... I'm keeping high standards, but I believe that's in my best interest. I won't even test-drive the car unless they can provide me with the service history. I'm also being picky about mileage - I'm avoiding anything with over 60k on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience when shopping for their Eldo?

-Scott

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The ETCs are a little harder to come by....... But you shouldnt have a problem finding one....... In order to find one you want, you need to be willing to drive some..... 100 miles should be fine......

When i started shopping for my car, I got on every dealers website and every magazine and classified section for a 100 mile radius....... I got lucky and found one 20mins from my house!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keep looking !

E.BAY

I searched for three months before I found
mine in KY.
Be willing to travel and you could come up
with a good deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there's good news! I've found two ETC's locally, both of which meet my criteria. I guess if you put some serious effort into the hunt, you'll find what you're looking for. The only complaint that I have is that neither of them have sunroofs, but I guess I have to be a *little* flexible. The funny part is that the ones with sunroofs that I have seen have all been aftermarket... easily distinguishable by the non-factory switches, and the overall poorly re-fabricated headliners. Did most people opt not to have a sunroof from the factory?

Now that I've found an Eldo that I want to buy, I can't get rid of my current car, LOL!

-Scott

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as miles on the ETC's go, the first one I saw has 52k on it, and the second has 59k. Both are black, both are '97's. I was looking at a very nice white-diamond one, but I just couldn't cope with the 75k on it. I realize the life of this car is probably over 200k+ with proper maintenence, but I never keep them that long.

Right now I'm driving a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, with 106,000 miles on it, and I'll be the first to admit that it drives as good as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Not a sqeek, engine is just as smooth, and the tranny is just as tight. GM has come a really long way in the engineering of these cars. I'm just tired of a 4-door, and since I do about 20,000 miles per year, I figure I'm better off selling the prix while it's still worth a little bit. So, if you know anyone who is looking for a very well maintained 'Prix, just lemme know!

-Scott

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
sounds real nice....might i recommend doing a carfax report to see if they've been in major accidents and to see all the recalls. Hopefully the previous owners treated their caddys with as much respect as your grand prix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts