Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes wonder if there is some reason that people complain so much about their cars, can they be that bad?
Does every other one have a bad timing chain, vibration, rust or whatever? Mine had an inadequate load of posi oil in the axle and I had it changed, car is now fine. Heck, my gas mileage improved 3 miles a gallon last month in the urban cycle!

Until it explodes, and I sort of doubt that it will, I'm fairly happy with my CTS. (okay, I wanted them to give it to me for free for that really warm/fuzzy feeling)

Richard

p.s. my Acura TL had more problems than this car and they are "perfect"

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
My '08 had some minor repairs in the first year and the chain recall, but in the last 2 years of the lease it's been problem free. Whomever buys that car now that I've handed it in is getting a great car for the money. It also had the complete discography of all the major groups of the 60' and 70's on the HDD. Not one door dent(thanks to my OCD). So it was a great car. BTW, also have an Acura and they are perfect.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
I hate my first CTS which has been riddled with issues and will never buy another. My husband and I have owned a lot of cars, and this one has been the worst. Imagine how bad I feel because I wanted this car (and he said okay this is your car) because of its looks, but the performance has been despicable. We have been used to the STS, DTS and Corvette. We are used to cars with performance. This one lags and jerks when you ask it; it hesitates and lurches. It is a total disappointment.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had 2 Acura TLs, a 2002 and a 2006. They were great cars no question, but I had problems with them. The 02 took a transmission at 31, 000 miles, and the 06 had bluetooth problems that the dealer would never fix. The 06 had rattles, bad battery and a couple recalls. My point is, go to any forum and you will find something wrong with all of the cars. Are they then all unreliable as well?

I still belong to the TL forum and tonight read of burned tailights, hard ride, speakers failing and this engine failure, all latest generation: http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794286

Our cars are better looking than theirs too IMHO.

Richard

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6
58 Posts
Mine is 2 years old this month and i've only had 1 real problem. The ignition cylinder failed on me and the key got stuck. Fixed under warranty with no issues.

Only other issue was a flat front tire. I blame myself for running over the nail but it was the car's fault for letting me heel-toe down-shift to second and cut the apex perfectly. Too much fun on the twisties:)

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS Direct Injection
6 Posts
I'm a bit nervous. Bought a 2008 3.6 DI with all options with 42k miles on it. This week went to work...at lunch pulled out and saw a nice size puddle of liquid. Took it in and the issue was with the water pump. Got me nervous, so went ahead and got the GMPP for it. I feel a bit more confident now. Knowing me I'll just drive it for another year or two and then sell it.

I got a nice deal at $1450 for Major Guard coverage and will run out at 88,000 miles or March 2014. Having the extended warranty definitely gives you piece of mind.

·
Registered
2010 CTS
74 Posts
I've had mine (2010) for ten months and have not had it back to the dealer yet for any problem. Taking it in tomorrow for the first oil change. I traded in a DTS and the CTS is way better.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Encouraging to see the responses here. Over-all I'm pleased to see how few issues are posted here. (Though I feel for Rayle; it looks like she got a lemon).

I'm a Detroit boy from the 50/60s who has driven Japanese cars for 25 years because of quality/reliability. All performed without any issues that I recall. But everytime I bought a car I said "C'mon Detroit, get it right" in back of my head.

I'm so impressed with the Thundercat; hope I can say that a year or two from now!

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Mine 09 CTS4 is 26 months old and about 15,000 miles. Only problem was with a radio software glitch in that it kept coming back on when it was turned off. Software update fixed that.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté
198 Posts
I had an '08 CTS4 for 30 months (Lease), NO problems; it was rock solid. My current '10 CTS4 has had only one problem since delivery in January 10; a faulty wiring harness to the the drivers power seat controls; repaired, of course, under warranty. No other problems. As many have expressed here, ANY car from ANY manufacture can have problems (my next door neighbor's E Class Mercedes has been in the shop more than than on the road for a variety of issues...).

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Not many problems, certainly less than my 06 STS 1SG....(after 2.5 years had 80+ pages of service from dealer).

So far I've been hit in the rear twice (not my or Cadillacs fault).

Steering wheel leather started getting weird cuts in it - they said it was a defect and replaced it.
Key got stuck in ignition and would not turn off - replaced shifter linkage and ignition recall.
Manual shift mode stopped working - it would change into the mode then back to sport - replaced shifter.
When shifting to manual shift mode it would get stuck over to the right but not actually be in manual shift mode, and you could not move it back to D.

Today when I got to work the car would turn off, but not release my key. I had to restart it a few times and shift it a few times. It's going back for service again.
They mentioned two or three recalls, not including the key/ignition release that was already done.

Oddly enough, I'm not terribly upset, this is a LOT better than my STS, which made me angry to no avail.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
My car is one year old this month and the only problems I've had are a lose connection in the passenger side door handle. A crooked steering wheel and air in the brake lines to increase pedal effort. Nothing major.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Mine is a 2008 approximately 34,000 miles on it and has never had a mechanical issue. In the first year I had some minor issues like the rear package tray that was repaired and the usual creaks and squeaks with the seats and sunroof. I am going to have them check out the sun roof but the other stuff is just something that I have learned to live with. I love the car. It may the best I have ever owned other than my brand new 1965 Mustang which certainly was no where near as well made.

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
The only problem I've had in three years is the Onstar recall. Otherwise it has not been back to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts