Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose "bright" idea at Cadillac was it to omit an all black interior on the Platinum?

Was trying to find a Platinum XTS with an all black interior and kept on coming up empty.

Finally started thinking that maybe the Platinum didn't come in an all black interior like all of the other models of the XTS.

Yup, went on Cadillac's website, and sure enough...

Some "moron" at Cadillac decided that the Platinum would not come in an all black interior (the most popular interior choice btw...)

So now it is either settle for the Premium with all of the options (minus the nicer leather seats, nicer 20" wheels, nicer suede lining, nicer chromed grill, illuminated kick plates, etc...)...

Or the Lincoln MKS...

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Premium
73 Posts
Re: Whose "bright" idea at Cadillac was it to omit an all black interior on the Plati

The 'nicer' 20" wheels aren't all they're cracked up to be, though. If you drive in an area that is
prone to potholes, you'd be better off with the 19's. The 20's (as posted here many times) tend
to bend when they hit large holes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Whose "bright" idea at Cadillac was it to omit an all black interior on the Plati

The 'nicer' 20" wheels aren't all they're cracked up to be, though. If you drive in an area that is
prone to potholes, you'd be better off with the 19's. The 20's (as posted here many times) tend
to bend when they hit large holes.
What is what you got out of my post...? LOL

Just kidding... :)

But yes, if those 20" Platinums weren't so damn beautiful!!!

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,663 Posts

I noticed the same issue with the lack of a Jet Black interior on the Platinum, since I'm researching a '13 XTS AWD for possible purchase. The opus seats and other Platinum-level features are worth the trade-off of not getting the "perfect" interior for me. With as many potholes as we have in New England, the 19's are preferable, and I'm sure a dealer would swap them out.

CCC

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I noticed the same issue with the lack of a Jet Black interior on the Platinum, since I'm researching a '13 XTS AWD for possible purchase. The opus seats and other Platinum-level features are worth the trade-off of not getting the "perfect" interior for me. With as many potholes as we have in New England, the 19's are preferable, and I'm sure a dealer would swap them out.

CCC
Yeah, I am toying with the idea of seeing how much it would cost just to have all of the wheat colored sections (the door inserts, parts of the dash, etc.) changed over to the Jet Black...

Just purchasing the Jet Black versions and having the dealer (maybe?) changing them out...

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,696 Posts

The photos doesn't do it justice. The wheat is just an accent in person to the naked eye. The light coming in from the window above it make it hardly noticeable. The camera flash tend to highlight the wheat more than it really is.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
338 Posts

I would never, ever buy a black interior. It must be popular cause it seems like every car on the road has a black interior today. In 45 years of owning cars, I have never had black. To each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts

^^ It truly is opinionated Rick because I would never buy ANY car with an interior other than black. (been there done that with other colors in the past)

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
338 Posts

Well, I seem to be in the minority, so I humbly accept people's preferences. I guess I'm just used to the lighter colors, like tan, shale, kona brown. Providing it matches with the exterior, and doesn't clash too much.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts

Now I'll have to admit, I have been eyeballing the Kona Brown interiors;) Maybe because the color is so unique!?

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts

Well, I seem to be in the minority, so I humbly accept people's preferences. I guess I'm just used to the lighter colors, like tan, shale, kona brown. Providing it matches with the exterior, and doesn't clash too much.
I'm with you on that!
BTW how do you keep black interior from looking always 'dusty'?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
On the CUE faceplate/screen and windshield, I use a magic eraser...works very well

·
Registered
xts
31 Posts

I have a dark blue 2014 platinum with the black/wheat interior. Of course I am biased because I ordered it that way, but I think it looks great.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I have a dark blue 2014 platinum with the black/wheat interior. Of course I am biased because I ordered it that way, but I think it looks great.
Are the seats black and the trim is wheat? Sounds like a decent combination if it is.

·
Registered
xts
31 Posts

Yes. That's the layout of the interior. The car is very sharp looking in my opinion.

·
Registered
none...yet
370 Posts

You couldn't GIVE me a Lincoln MKS, or anything else by Lincoln currently, for that matter...

Agree that Cadillac should offer a third interior option in all-black on the XTS Platinum. I do like the black & wheat, personally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts