Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an inch on the backside fit, making it 9.5" wide in rear?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Yes a few have dont this and I believe have gone to 10" in the rear, dont recall.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I'm surprised the BIGJIM symbol isn't illuminating the northeast sky right now..lol

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
i am trying to find someone to do my rears... what size tires you running jim?

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Im actually (finally) about to get to this. I will be widening mine to 10s but I have created my own custom rear trailing arms to handle this modification and I plan on seeing what needs tubbing as soon as the rims come back from the shop..

Figure Ill run 295s to start, 315s if I can down the road.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Im actually (finally) about to get to this. I will be widening mine to 10s but I have created my own custom rear trailing arms to handle this modification and I plan on seeing what needs tubbing as soon as the rims come back from the shop..

Figure Ill run 295s to start, 315s if I can down the road.
315s are overkill. I can see running 285s because that's a common drag radial size, but I run 275s on my 9.25" wheels and that's more than enough. Running a 10" wheel is fine, though, if you can fit it...

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

·
Registered
none
129 Posts
I am considering doing the same soon. I want to run 10s with 295s. Anyone have any idea of what size spacer will/ might be needed in the rear? What about longer wheel studs?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
With 9.25", the spacer is very small. 5mm, I think? And I've been using the stock wheel studs. Since 9.25" is generally accepted for 275 width tires, I'm perfectly happy with what I've got. It's all the V really needs...

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V (2006)
75 Posts
I am considering doing the same soon. I want to run 10s with 295s. Anyone have any idea of what size spacer will/ might be needed in the rear? What about longer wheel studs?
I'm running spacers and the staggered STS-V rim set up (different offset and 18x8.5 up front and 19x9.5" in back). To allow proper (safe) lug nut grip, I run GMPP studs all the way around. Luke just replaced a couple that had been stripped by a bad shop that rotated my tires, so he can probably help you with the part for the studs to use w/spacers.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm running spacers and the staggered STS-V rim set up (different offset and 18x8.5 up front and 19x9.5" in back). To allow proper (safe) lug nut grip, I run GMPP studs all the way around. Luke just replaced a couple that had been stripped by a bad shop that rotated my tires, so he can probably help you with the part for the studs to use w/spacers.
now that's an interesting twist...sts-v wheels, hmmm. All I know is that front knuckle is less than 1/4" away from my current front 245/45-18 Toyo and I can't imagine a 265/40 fitting much less a 275 as some have said, so it looks like the front needs to be left alone and proceed with widening.

Weldcraft only widens in increments of 1/2" so .75' like BigJim isn't possible -9, 9.5, or 10 is it. BigJim's 9.25" and a need for a spacer is bothersome to me when thinking of 9.5 or 10. Still not sure what I want to do. Well...what I want is for one of the custom forged companies to sponsor me and put some 19s on it, but that's just like most fantasies...you finally wake up!

·
Registered
CTS-V
1 Posts
i have had ny 5 spoke d3 wheels for about a month in diamond cut finish n up front they r 9 inch with 255/35 then in back 9.5 with 275/35 wrapped with ps2's

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
i have had ny 5 spoke d3 wheels for about a month in diamond cut finish n up front they r 9 inch with 255/35 then in back 9.5 with 275/35 wrapped with ps2's
Hmmm yes... swanky... where exactly do you live and do you have locking lug nuts? I need to know ahead of time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
I'm going to drop my wheels off today at Weldcraft, I'm going with 9.5 wide. I plan on getting a spacer and longer wheel studs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts