Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a week or so I'll have my Katech 427ci finally home for good so was wondering who else on here is in the 427 or plus club?

What tune are you using?

What rear end and half shaft improvements if any have you done?

What's your take on the new found power:highfive:

Chef

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Chef,
Congrats on getting 'er done, I hope your rear stays intact (no pun intended).
What compression is the 427?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Should be dynoed this week but the temps are 108-110 so not expecting huge numbers. 11:1 compresion so the power band should be huge. Stroker...:thumbsup:

Looking around 550 to the wheels on a base tune. I went to a higher compression not knowing if I'd go turbo or procharger in the future. This really is trying to be a N/A dedicated track car and an inch from being street legal.

Cam is in the high 240's/250's
Ported and polished AFR heads
FAST/90 TB
Replacing my BB headers with KOOKS 1 7/8

I'll list all the goodies and specs when it's done...Hopefully this week so I can get her dialed in and tuned for track days....

Chef

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Stay NA- nothing is more badass then stomping people with an "all motor" car. Forced induction is for 4-bangers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Stay NA- nothing is more badass then stomping people with an "all motor" car. Forced induction is for 4-bangers. :thumbsup:
I would stay NA for the steet because that's all you need and it's not nearly as strenuous on the motor as FI is. At ~550 to the tires----that's pushing it for the rest of the drivetrain in a V.

But FI only for 4-bangers??? :confused:

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
F'n Ernie will be running a 427 soon and that SOB makes 600 hp.
I rode in it last night and it's one sweet ride.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Also, he's getting a cryo treated ass end that will accept 600 hp
And slotted rotors and meaty tires to be sure he stops. Yea, and the rotors are cryo treated also.

I'm so damned jealous.:crybaby:

Tony

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
In a week or so I'll have my Katech 427ci finally home for good so was wondering who else on here is in the 427 or plus club?

What tune are you using?

What rear end and half shaft improvements if any have you done?

What's your take on the new found power:highfive:

Chef
We need to talk more when I pick up my Mallett V with a 427 C5R block in it.

Do they do smog checks in AZ?

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Not sure but I think it's done at random...I'd love to run against that Mallet and see how she handles. By that time I'll have the T2 race shocks in, better sways, new rubber, etc. etc.:thumbsup:
Yes, we should definetly hit a track day. :highfive:
Perhaps CalSpeedway (SoCal) or Spring Mountian (Pahrump NV) would not be too far for you.

I am trying to decide on shocks too.
I'm considering:
KW Variant 3 (Pending Release)
Mallett Penske
??

Are the T2 shocks resonably streetable?
I want the great handling but don't want to hate life when street driving either.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Cheffo,

In anticipation of the 427 this summer, I had Doug put his beefed up rear in my V. Tune-wise Ill be having W2W powertrain do my tuning/dynoing as they did my LS6 mods and are familiar with my car. They are right down the street from Katech....
If I wus you, Id give Doug a call...he is on his 2nd customer (Stkshkr) Gene runs the shit out of his V....

F

·
Registered
04 CTS-V Light Platinum ...8800 Mi.
232 Posts
FYI, I have a 427 for sale that made 622 with a carb on the dyno. would probably make 640 (Would be between 550-570 to the tire,N/A)with a good TB and injection. It is a World Products Warhawk block and heads. Dyno time only. PM me with questions if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts