Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
96 FWB
Actually, Spring is on the porch. Around here 95 and 105% humidity is right around the corner. But I am looking forward to the 2 weeks of good weather coming up before summer to clean out my garage. ;)

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
The Vernal Equinox (Spring) occurs at 11:49 PM EDT Thursday evening March 19, 2020. The instant the sun crosses the Equator from south to north declination.

......... about 39 hours from right now.

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
View from my Corona-free home office. Looks like spring to me.
Give me Sun - uv light kills virus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
First day of spring? Our temp's 63 right now, but we're dropping 40 today. Overnight low 22. Ugh.
Maybe soon...........

Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
No spring yet in Manitoba of the Great White North...and yes it is still white having received 5 cm of snow yesterday, and very little melting of the existing snow. I won't attach a photo...all you will see is white snow.

Registered
Summer tires came on today.

Registered
2006 DTS
North of Boston had a few inches of snow the other day but has since melted off. Looking forward to sapping out the autozone winter floor mats for the plush factory ones this weekend.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
yep, technically spring started last week, but here in east Texas, it started about a month ago.

Registered
96 FWB
RE: Who's ready for spring?

Thread Content: Damn straight I am! That's my 2nd last one from the box of 10. Wifey and I heading outside now. Wish me luck.

Registered
2006 STS-V
The weather is supposed to be nice by my birthday next Saturday so I鈥檓 planning on a 200 mile solo m/c ride around the Sierra foothills. There鈥檚 never much traffic on these vacant two lanes west of Yosemite anyway and I鈥檒l keep my gloves on at the gas pump. Can鈥檛 see a problem in doing this.

Registered
I鈥檒l go motorcycling today...

Registered
These are nice bikes Jakerin. The Hayabusa I like the most it鈥檚 a real classic! I see them so often at trackdays.
The company I work for do components for BMW so we know their codes for upcoming projects pretty well. Their engineers are extremely skilled - and so practical in their approach.
I have no motorcycles myself but work has a lot so I combine work and pleasure. I did 250 km today - but had to do some noise testing in city traffic too which is not that interesting. It was a Honda 650 and a KTM 1290.
Took the KTM out on backroads - before a hill - throttle it - and you go over on either one or zero wheels depending on your insanity. Wheelie control goes crazy but it can be turned off...

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
Back in the Dark Ages I rode a '63 Triumph Tiger 500cc for trials and two '64 Bonneville 650s for dirt track scrambles in New England, out of Ralph Strong's motorcycle shop in Waterford, CT. Never broke either the machines or myself really badly :rolleyes: Was fortunate to own a Vincent Black Shadow for a while - but even in the late 60s it was hideously expensive to maintain. Sold it and bought a very modified 1959 XLCH - scary fast.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
Back in the Dark Ages I rode a '63 Triumph Tiger 500cc for trials and two '64 Bonneville 650s for dirt track scrambles in New England, out of Ralph Strong's motorcycle shop in Waterford, CT. Never broke either the machines or myself really badly :rolleyes: Was fortunate to own a Vincent Black Shadow for a while - but even in the late 60s it was hideously expensive to maintain. Sold it and bought a very modified 1959 XLCH - scary fast.
one year in college two of us shared a BSA 650. Summer of 1967. The bike was noisy, fast and fun but the Lucas electrics were a pain, plus it was kick start. At that time I think I only weighed 135 lbs, so if the bike coughed during a kick start either I got ejected, or got a giant bruise on the back of my leg.

Registered
I would like to ride on some of these old machines. Guess it sharpens your senses (even more) without electronic throttle, wheelie control, corner ABS, launch control etc.

Yesterday I was on a ramp - had to go two stops - just behind a Mercedes CLS500. Thought - what the hell - let all 170 bhp out and overtook. Changed gear with the speedshifter and full throttle, 5th gear comes in - and rear goes loose (soft curve), caught by anti-spin. Looks on dash - speed is... nevermind.

Point is - you can do it anytime on these bikes, it鈥檚 easy, stable - and worst: addictive... but even so - speed is dangerous and I guess you have that same feeling on the old bikes - just going a bit slower and a bit more sensible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts