Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying some vanity for the new (to me) car. I've got a few choices, but I think "BRN2RUN" is my top choice. I was wondering if there are any negative side effects that come from having vanity plates on a car? I've never had 'em before, and I've always wanted them.

So who on here has them? What do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? I've gotta buy new plates for the car anyways, I might as well spend the extra dough and get the vanities I've always wanted.

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
I was going to get vanities until I found out it is an extra $30 per year even after you purchased the plates.

Screw that.........

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone's gotta explain that to me.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
I have a Vanity plate on the Fleetwood:

2BURDOC, it just gets people confused.

When I had my Porsche, the plate was: 2SLO4ME :stirpot: That was always fun.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I have vanity plates on all three cars and actually they're an additional $50 a year here in NY

My plates are all business related so you probably don't care what they say. The real question is what will I get on the new 89 Brougham if I buy it. Hmmmm

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I'm thinking about buying some vanity for the new (to me) car. I've got a few choices, but I think "BRN2RUN" is my top choice. I was wondering if there are any negative side effects that come from having vanity plates on a car? I've never had 'em before, and I've always wanted them.

So who on here has them? What do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? I've gotta buy new plates for the car anyways, I might as well spend the extra dough and get the vanities I've always wanted.
shouldnt it read : leghmpr? or lvftchix?

im just sayin.

F

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shouldnt it read : leghmpr? or lvftchix?

im just sayin.

F
And yours can read: shpfckr!

You wanna knock this shit off once and for all there Dave?

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
I keep wanting something, but can never come up with what would be 1) cool, and 2) not need too much explaining or lead to any embarrassment.

OR, specific to Delaware, I really want to get a lower number plate (86999 or lower) so I can get one of the original smaller black & white tags. They're sort of a status symbol in the state, as is any low number for the same reason, but I just think they look great and are unique. Thing is, it's hard to get a lower number and they're frequently sold at various high prices (usually anywhere from close to a $1000 to $100k+).

http://www.dehistoricplate.com/
http://www.lowdigittags.com/

Hence, I stick with the surprisingly okay even number 6-digit blue & yellow standard tag...

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
PNS-CAR

One of my all-time favorites!

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I thought about getting plates that said "CRUELLA," but haven't yet. Maybe I'll see if it's available. The operations manager at my office has a '79 Corvette with the plates "GO GRNMA."

A guy from my old car club in Arizona has these on his three '72 Impalas, Archie, Edith and Meathead (the convertible):

My personal favorite is this one I saw on a '53 Chevy Suburban at a show in Southern California:

And I like this one I saw on a '64 Impala SS:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about a " ? " plate? I think that would be so god damn funny.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts