Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is feeling the extra horses with these cooler temps? I'm in queens NY and the evening has been in the low 70's - high 60's. The car feels better than ever. Especially coming out of a hot humid summer. Does anyone know how much more power an engine can make with the cooler temps? There must be some formula..
I have noticed the car will chirp the tires in 2nd gear if I'm cruising at about 4K rpm and about to go into third, Instead I just nail it and the tires chirp and the car pulls like an animal. Could it also be the ground is not as hot therefore traction is less?
Well, it definately feels more powerful to me.:yup: Time to go to Englishtown Raceway and pull some 12's...:D

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I think I feel a little more power. To me it runs better in cooler temps. Our temp's are in the 60's-low 70's also. Strange thing is that my TPS reads 25-26 psi vs 30-31 when it was scorching at startup. Maybe that's not strange, just an observation I noted this morning.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I can tell you the maggie likes cold air. At 65 deg and dry,running out of second and third scares me!:eek:

But I liiikit :D

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,067 Posts
Same here, it's great.

Unfortunatley the sub 50 degree days are right around the corner :crying2:

Get ready to welcome back the serious wheel hop.

For those of you that haven't driven your car in the cold season yet, those cold roads make for a very hoppy experience.

In the mean time, I'm loving the extra pull :D

-Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's finally in the 70's here in Dallas and OH YES...you can feel it....I'm spinning all over the road now. lol Works like an intercooler!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette
168 Posts
urbanski said:
i can't wait for our 105 summer temps to chill out to fall 95 temps :rolleyes:

edit: was only like 88 today
How do you like San Antonio? We are thinking of moving there, perhaps north of the loop 1604, we are near Phoenix now.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
2005 CTS-V (Sold), 2017 Volt Premier (16-yr-old son), '16 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,941 Posts
urbanski said:
i can't wait for our 105 summer temps to chill out to fall 95 temps :rolleyes:

edit: was only like 88 today
Geez, did you have to break out your jackets? :histeric: Sorry, couldn't resist. I love San Antonio; GREAT place. BTW, it was 36 here this AM; coldest so far this fall.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
It was in the low 50's this morning. When i parked a worked today and had my ride running for a minute, a co-worker that always parks close to me commented that my car sounded deeper. Surely it runs better at these cooler temp's.:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Iirc, the colder the air/fuel mixture is, the more power you get out of the combustion. Probably b/c the colder air is more dense and you get more oxygen to burn.

But what are these "colder temps" you are talking about? Over 90 every day this week!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tought I was crazy, for a moment. This is my first Fall and I notice a significant difference with my stock V. It sounds and runs more aggressive. I have been adjusting to stop the spins on take take off. And, at w.o.t., it is scary good.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
lasstss said:
I can tell you the maggie likes cold air. At 65 deg and dry,running out of second and third scares me!:eek:

But I liiikit :D
With sub 40 degree temps in the morning, traction is once again an issue. The difference in power on forced induction cars in cool weather always amazes me :burn:

·
Registered
'04 V sedan manual raven, '09 V sedan auto raven
380 Posts
Will, I am going to be just over the TN Bridge tonight. Eating with the guys but should be done around 10ish. If you are interested in a little run, let me know.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
M5eatr,
You may want to "eat" an M5 at tomorrow's autox at the Nassau Coliseum...BMW club.
If you want to come, be there by 8:30am. Hope to see you there...

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I ate an M5 today...some ***** with glasses attached to his shiny bald pate with that oh so Euro lanyard behind his head. I gave him a wave after he caught up to me. He didnt even look over. What a douche. I gives creedence to the face that Bimmer owners are a bunch of weenie stroking pillow biters....
what a dick.

F

1 - 20 of 23 Posts