Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to do so... at least a few minutes... but then there are those times when i just can't wait.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
99.9 % of the time I will let the temp reach 100 deg before I move, or if like now this time of year when it shows almost 100 when I start it, I'll let it climb 20 deg on water temp.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
I hope I'm not the only one that beats it. A lot of times I push my clutch in and start rolling before she even starts up. Then, in a few seconds its over. Wait....what are we talkin about again?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I hope I'm not the only one that beats it. A lot of times I push my clutch in and start rolling before she even starts up. Then, in a few seconds its over. Wait....what are we talkin about again?
No your not the only one, I am letting the clutch out before she finishes turning over. Warm up is such a waste. The only time I warm up the car is if it is absolutely frigid outside.

Every time I start her, I let her warm up.....gives me an excuse for a cigarette anyways :p
Now that I miss, I just quit a few months ago. Goddammit I want a cigarette :mad2: :crying: :dammit: :headcase:

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Nope. Start it and go. Let it warm up before I hit it hard.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
In the mornings I go out to the gaage, start her up, back her out, then run back in to finish grabbing my sheite. I don't mash on the pedal untill oil temp is above 100 as per Doug.

·
Registered
Cadillac
94 Posts
I was told that warming up wasted gas and is worse for the environment. An engine needs load to build heat and get the catalysts to light off faster.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I let the oil pressure come up, maybe 20-30 seconds. Of course, here in SoCal, it's never freezing cold or anything.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I usually start driving immediately so that my engine, transmission, differential, and tires can all begin warming up before I encounter the need for any significant throttle levels. Since I live in a warm climate and in a residential area this works for me. If I lived next to a freeway entrance ramp I would do things differently.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,710 Posts
No your not the only one, I am letting the clutch out before she finishes turning over. Warm up is such a waste. The only time I warm up the car is if it is absolutely frigid outside.

Now that I miss, I just quit a few months ago. Goddammit I want a cigarette :mad2: :crying: :dammit: :headcase:
I barely wait for the oil pressure to level off and just roll away gentlely. No need for a long warm up unless it is really cold.

Norm

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
In warm weather I just take it easy & don't get on it for a few minutes, When it's cold I always make sure the oil temp is at least 150 before I go at all. I got very carefull in the cold weather after the ProCharger was installed.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Warm up is a waste of precious fuel.
Plus speed limit in neighborhood = 25mph, on the street going to the freeway = 40mph. 6mins from the time I leave the house till I'm on the freeway, that's plenty of warmup time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts