Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first few here at the shop that want a kit, will get it for $7000 installed.

It will be a 8 rib setup. I will have one coming my way tommorrow. It will also be available for mail order shortly after i get all the parts setup to be exact...

Regular price will be $9000 after the intro pricing..

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
You now offer a TVS 2300? Really? When I threw out that option not too long ago (in the thread referenced below--2 replies above, to be exact), you replied with the following:

I havent seen any positive proof of a tvs2300 zr1 blower showing any gains either... The added horsepower needed to turn, the need for larger pulley ribs, and more parasitic loss, isnt worth it on most if not all the caddies out there.. A kenne bell or Procharger/turbo would be a better route.

I know of a few people that went that route, and ended up pulling them off and putting the 1900 back on...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is not using a zr1 blower. It is a aftermarket one, modified to fit our cars and even use the 3rd belt like the factory so we retain the blower only pulley.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main idea for these are all the guys that are going with larger displacement engines. It helps feed the larger cubes to achieve higher hp.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
The main idea for these are all the guys that are going with larger displacement engines. It helps feed the larger cubes to achieve higher hp.
When you can do a 2.9L Whipple or 2.8H LC KB for $7,000-$7,500 I'll be the first one at your door. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The parts alone for a whipple are way more than that, I already looked into that for you. That price i quoted you a while ago was what it was going to take and cost to put one on your car.
The core parts needed for them is pretty expensive for everything. I dont even think i put anything at all in there for labor on my end. I was doing all of that for free.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
The parts alone for a whipple are way more than that, I already looked into that for you. That price i quoted you a while ago was what it was going to take and cost to put one on your car.
The core parts needed for them is pretty expensive for everything. I dont even think i put anything at all in there for labor on my end. I was doing all of that for free.
I know Jesse and appreciate some of the things you do basically at cost just to try new things out. I do look forward to seeing the results you get with the TVS though. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately there are certain price points I need to live within and getting a twin-screw on these cars is pricey at the moment. Maybe the ZL1 Camaro will prompt Whipple or KB to come out with a nice packaged upgrade, reasonably priced, that will also work for us.

In the meantime, how about a nice set of ported heads? :sneaky: Want to PM me a price and timeline when I can get out there for a set?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have some Ls7 ported ones here that flow 415cfm @650 lift left here at the shop.. With titanium valves, 1.8 rocker arms, 3/8s upgraded pushrods, lash caps, bolts ect, custom brackets and everything needed for install for a very good price. Give me a call when you get a free minute.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I know Jesse and appreciate some of the things you do basically at cost just to try new things out. I do look forward to seeing the results you get with the TVS though. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately there are certain price points I need to live within and getting a twin-screw on these cars is pricey at the moment. Maybe the ZL1 Camaro will prompt Whipple or KB to come out with a nice packaged upgrade, reasonably priced, that will also work for us.

In the meantime, how about a nice set of ported heads? :sneaky: Want to PM me a price and timeline when I can get out there for a set?

My heads will be coming off shortly, not sure if Jesse has made plans for them.
I know they work! I also have chromoly pushrods and 1.8 rockers. Nice springs too.
I had a set of 918 comp springs prior to the current springs. Not sure what the current ones are.
You'd have to ask Jesse. I believe I got the 918s in my garage.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Banned
09' CTS-V
1,023 Posts
Would running the 2.3l on a 6.2l @ 13-14psi (91 octane B.S. here) keep the blower in it's happy place (ie. not spinning it too slow and getting some lag)?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts