Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently up to Wisconsin with my brother to Big 3 performance. The owner Tony said he could tune the FWD Northstar he said he has a device that plugs inline with the pcm to learn the algorythyms to program the pcm. he said he uses it with the hemi and if he had a couple days with one of our cars he can do it.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
DUH
get it done then dang it
i pmed big 3 over the forum asking about it
i say go for it bro

right now ive got the only chip on my ETC and im testing a tune tomorrow from AJ!

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so you already have your tune done ?
I had you in mind for him since you have exhaust and have modified your air intake. I need to do my exhaust and CAI before I have mine tuned. Maybe what I will do is save up some money and have Tony do it all.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
i even made a movie of the exhaust on the STS
but the vid does it NO justice
seriously the thing is straight muscle sounding, more bad ass than the ETC

i thought test tunes were free, if you have your car as the mule your lookin at a free tune...

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but I want to have my exhaust and CAI done before I do it. I was thinking of making a trip to the junkyard and finding a ram air hood and making a functional ram air for the northstar. At least it would be drawing in the outside air anyway.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
It is drawing outside air as it came from the factory.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
No aftermarket CAI will work unless it is planned with hours and hours of labor and expertise. I tried and got nothing. I used Spectre crap and tried different routing techniques. Besides that, there's like no room to work with.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I have read all the posts and it is my idea to find a hood off of a T/A or Grand Am Ram Air and cut the intake and mold it to the sevill hood and run a hose to the engine that way it would be drawing in fresh cool air as your driving. I am well aware of the temperature situation under the hood and that is why no one makes a CAI because there is no such thing as cold air in that engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts