Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input from Escalade gurus...

02 seems to be oddball out year with only one having darker gray interior. Code 922???
03 seems lighter...but did they still use the 922 code even though it is lighter??

02-06 are very similar (I guess)....07 seats look a lot like 02-06..WILL they fit? Bolt in I mean.
Possibility or removing cover and foam and swapping???

Now who has owned or gotten familiar with 02-06 standard vs ESV?

A lot more room in the back with 3rd row up.
I assume it is still a joke to actually get back there MAYBE if you have no center in 2nd and walk through but the 3rd row access from over seat is terrible compared to 1st gen 98-02 Expedition or Navi or 2nd gen 03-06.

The rear door on ESV is cut straight so I bottom sill and access should be better. Any comments on how just plain old getting into the back door and sitting on 2nd row seat is in ESV vs regular??

Thanks for all input.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,336 Posts
I just removed my useless third row seats in my 2006. Now I have some more room to carry cargo like a proper full size SUV.

If I need a people mover than I would just buy a top model mini van and pimp it out.:)

·
Registered
2004 ESV
817 Posts
Pretty much all Escalades I've seen have the shale interior (light gray). Would be pretty difficult to find one in any other color.

I think GMT900 seats bolt right in, but none of the wiring matches up. Connectors are different. Biggest thing is the seatbelts are integrated into the seats on the 02-06, whereas the 07+ had the seat belts mounted into the B pillar. Not sure how you will get around that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pretty much all Escalades I've seen have the shale interior (light gray). Would be pretty difficult to find one in any other color.

I think GMT900 seats bolt right in, but none of the wiring matches up. Connectors are different. Biggest thing is the seatbelts are integrated into the seats on the 02-06, whereas the 07+ had the seat belts mounted into the B pillar. Not sure how you will get around that.
U get custom seatbelts made for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Apparently shale lighter almost tan, and pewter- gray....but it seems 02 had darker gray than 03 or maybe I'm smokin something

·
Registered
152 Posts
2002 Cadillac Escalade is the best. The leather lasts the longest and the years higher on that they started using cheaper leather so it starts wearing and tearing faster. My 02 is 18 years old and has never had a torn seat. Yes it is kind of hard to get into the third row seats but they’re comfortable and if you have a lot of people and they have better leg room than than the new models of Escalade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts